Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted December 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 17, 2025 Yeah was mildly surprised myself to read he’d called it a day. Definitely more he could’ve done but at the same time he went out on about as big a win as was available to him at this stage and I do kind of like that he’s leaving us wanting more instead of hanging on too long like most of the greats do/did. Look at it this way - if this retirement sticks then we’ll never ever see a washed up or even declining Crawford. The only memories we’ll have will be of him at the very pinnacle of the sport. There’s always gonna be more fights you can take and I personally would’ve liked to have seen more, but I love those rare occasions when a fighter actually beats the game and gets out with their health, money and legacy intact. But yeah, can’t deny that I wasn’t also quietly hoping he’d stick around long enough to beat Mayweather’s record. Quote
NeverYield Posted December 29, 2025 Posted December 29, 2025 (edited) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/boxing/anthony-joshua-aj-boxing-crash-33134459.amp Edited December 29, 2025 by NeverYield Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted December 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 29, 2025 Fucking hell. Glad he's OK, but that is horrible. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted December 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 29, 2025 (edited) Yeah awful that. Seen a clip doing the rounds of him after the crash and he’s obviously in a lot of pain. Says it all about the times we live in when something like this happens and peoples first instinct is to get their phones out to take a video. Two people died as well, I don’t know what link or relationship they had with AJ but he’s gotta deal with those losses as well now. Tragic. Just goes to show how fragile life is. Just over a week ago he was in the ring. Reading now that it was his strength and conditioning coach and his personal trainer who died. There’s a video doing the rounds of AJ with them both at the airport not long before the crash. Edited December 29, 2025 by wandshogun09 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 3 Author Paid Members Posted January 3 I unfortunately saw the uncensored video of the aftermath of that crash, footage I didn't need in my life. Turns out driver was driving without a license and has since been arrested. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 4 Paid Members Posted January 4 On 1/3/2026 at 12:53 PM, Egg Shen said: I unfortunately saw the uncensored video of the aftermath of that crash, footage I didn't need in my life. Same. My nephew sent me it. Don’t know where he got it and I don’t know why I didn’t stop the video when I realised what it was but I wish I did. Horrible. Think the funeral was today or some kind of service at least and people have been posting pictures of AJ there paying his respects. I mean, fuck, it’s not enough that people were shoving cameras in his face while he was still sat in the wreckage, now they can’t even give him space to say goodbye to his friends. Also seen Boxing accounts speculating whether he’ll fight Fury this year. Just the poorest of poor taste given the timing. Leave the bloke be. Quote
NeverYield Posted January 5 Posted January 5 Yeah the clips are terrible, I doubt AJ will fully recover from those scenes. Such a dreadful thing to happen, one minute making millions in a novelty fight and then the next utter tragedy. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 7 Members Posted January 7 Boxing heads, what's Ryan Garner like? I see he's teased a fight at St Mary's in Southampton (I know someone that works there) so was just wondering what he's actually like as a fighter? Is he an actual prospect? Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 7 Author Paid Members Posted January 7 unfamiliar with him as a fighter but know the name, he has some good wins on his record Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 7 Members Posted January 7 10 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: unfamiliar with him as a fighter but know the name, he has some good wins on his record From what I gather he wants a championship fight at St Mary's in the summer (he's a Southampton lad) but first has to win a fight before then, which I can find no info on anywhere. I'd definitely go if there's a championship bout down the road from me. His last fight looked a good win from the clips I've seen. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted January 7 Posted January 7 3 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Boxing heads, what's Ryan Garner like? I see he's teased a fight at St Mary's in Southampton (I know someone that works there) so was just wondering what he's actually like as a fighter? Is he an actual prospect? I've only seen the Bellotti fight and he looked good. I know he is well liked by the boxrec forum British mob. He has won the British, Commonwealth and European titles, so is doing it the right way and definitely a prospect. Hype jobs don't take that route. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted January 7 Posted January 7 (edited) 10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: From what I gather he wants a championship fight at St Mary's in the summer (he's a Southampton lad) but first has to win a fight before then, which I can find no info on anywhere. I'd definitely go if there's a championship bout down the road from me. His last fight looked a good win from the clips I've seen. This from September has Frank Warren saying he has already booked a date for St Marys in the summer. https://ringmagazine.com/en/news/st-mary-s-stadium-now-booked-for-summer-2026-with-garner-closing-in-on-world-title-shot So I'm presuming they are just trying to line up an opponent now to earn the shot. Don't think anything has been announced. Edited January 7 by Cousin Jim Bob Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 7 Members Posted January 7 8 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said: This from September has Frank Warren saying he has already booked a date for St Marys in the summer Yeah that's what I've seen, and like I say (clang clang) I know someone that works for the club and that's still the plan. I suppose the risk is he has booked the championship bout at the stadium but loses the next fight, that'd be a bit of a disappointment wouldn't it? Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted January 7 Posted January 7 5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Yeah that's what I've seen, and like I say (clang clang) I know someone that works for the club and that's still the plan. I suppose the risk is he has booked the championship bout at the stadium but loses the next fight, that'd be a bit of a disappointment wouldn't it? I think what they have done when they say booked is more "reserved" a date with the club. So Southampton will keep that weekend free. If he lose the ranking fight, the event would not go ahead. So fingers crossed and keep an eye out for his next one. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 10 Members Posted January 10 Cracking interview with Nas. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2026/jan/10/naseem-hamed-big-interview-boxing-brendan-ingle-film-giant Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.