Jump to content

Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted
7 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

This is a fight I’d love to see. 

 

Me too and if Crawford comes through Porter on Saturday as I expect and Taylor comes through his fight against Catteral in February, I would think Taylor will make the move up to 147lbs and that would happen maybe next or later in the year if Taylor decides he may want a fight first at that weight before stepping in with someone as good as Crawford. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

This is heartbreaking. Don Curry‘s son talking about his current situation and suffering with CTE. Click on it and he goes into it more in the follow up tweets in the thread. So sad to hear. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 hours ago, Gooner said:

Me too and if Crawford comes through Porter on Saturday as I expect and Taylor comes through his fight against Catteral in February, I would think Taylor will make the move up to 147lbs and that would happen maybe next or later in the year if Taylor decides he may want a fight first at that weight before stepping in with someone as good as Crawford. 

time is ticking on Crawford's prime too, so Taylor could catch him on the slide before anyone really realises it.

Terence Crawford is gonna go down as one of the great 'what ifs' in boxing. 34 years old and still yet to really to be in a real marquee fight. The Porter fight is a good one but there can be no steps backwards after this.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Apparently Tyron Woodley will step in for a rematch with Paul. Despite the last fight not really delivering i actually thought Woodley did a decent job of saving face post fight in the end. Does anyone want to see a second fight though? as soon as the Fury thing came up no one spoke about Woodley anymore.

Guess Paul wants to fight and they'll catch Woodley out of fight shape. Which could actually lead to a better fight.

Posted

Boxings addictive. Everything about it - being around the people, the athletes, getting to sit ringside at big fights. It’s also really intense, so you’ll have blazing rows with people (effing and jeffing and… erm… ceffing) in a way you wouldn’t in any industry.

So I’d say a combination of the massive highs and lows being a bit mentally wearing, and the fact that it’s quite a flat sport behind the scenes - so not a great amount of opportunity for career progression - made me consider leaving.

Then I was offered a job in charge of brand marketing for Betway Canada, splitting my time between London and Canada. Just felt right.

I’ll always miss it though. Particularly Frank. 

I’m never going to convince everyone - it’s a rough sport and I know he’s made enemies - but he’s one of the greatest men I’ve ever known. The sort that when you’re inside the tent, he’ll ring you regularly to check how you and your family are, send you funny memes to make you laugh when you’ve been having a rough time, always make sure you feel involved at the highest level. He’s an absolute cracker.

Watching Sunny Edwards win a world title sat next to Frank is something I’ll never ever forget.

Posted (edited)
On 12/23/2021 at 8:00 PM, Egg Shen said:

amazing @d-d-d-dAz

Just listened to that interview with Frank whilst having my dinner. Good luck again with the new job ?

Jeezo Ebb, Daz is all high on his interview mention and you need to top it by telling us you watched the interview while hanging out having dinner with Frank?!

Edited by David

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...