Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

I know he's receiving a bit of flak for that, but to me he did his job as best he could. The little angry lad was given ample opportunity to walk away, and chose to instead shove and assault numerous people.

Francis smartly removed himself from the crowd, and dealt with the guy as a last resort. Twats like him need shown now and then that they can't act like that. Sometimes a dunt on the chin is what's needed to smarten them up, sadly.

Edited by David

On 6/21/2022 at 11:08 AM, Gooner said:

For anybody who may not be aware, there is a new Documentary on Josh Taylor being shown tonight at 22:00pm on BBC Scotland. It follows him around before his fight against Catterall.

Saw the thumbnail for that documentary. He has quite the gut on him when he's not in camp. He said it was his dad bod. But he doesn't have any kids...

Maybe that's why he was struggling to get down to 140lbs. We will see if this Jose Zepeda fight comes to fruition. They keep postponing the purse bids for it, for some reason 

So the Taylor/Zepeda fight has been called off. Josh Taylor has vacated his WBC title on the day of purse bids, because he can't defend the title so close to his wedding. So Jose Zepeda vs. Jose Ramirez has now been sanctioned for the WBC light welterweight title. This frees up Josh Taylor for an eventual rematch with Jack Catterall.

On 7/2/2022 at 7:13 PM, Rossman said:

This frees up Josh Taylor for an eventual rematch with Jack Catterall.

It's the right move, and is the main reason behind the vacated WBC title. 

I know Taylor didn't look that great in their first fight, but I don't see him making the same mistakes again. I fancy him to win quite convincingly.

• Paid Members

Yeah, if it happens again i'd favour Taylor heavily. I can't remember another time where the boxing community turned on someone like they did after Taylor/Catterall though. Taylor went from the most underappreciated fighter in UK boxing to the most maligned.