Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 6, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted July 6, 2022 (edited) all signs are pointing towards Jake Paul fighting Hasim Rahman Jr. now that Tommy Fury is out. Rahman Jr. is of course the son of former Heavyweight Champ Hasim Rahman. He's 12-1 a pro and has over 100 amateur fights. I don't think he's anything special but he's a decent level pro boxer. If the fix ain't in, I think this may be the end of the Jake Paul run. Edited July 7, 2022 by Egg Shen Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted July 6, 2022 Posted July 6, 2022 Seeing stuff on boxing forums about Paul and Rahman Jr being friends and sparring partners. I'm guessing the fix is most definitely in. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 7, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted July 7, 2022 Yeah, there's a history there. You could read as something dodgy, or it could Paul's team picking someone they believe they definitely have the beating of. Quote
David Posted July 7, 2022 Posted July 7, 2022 I don't know why anyone is taking the Jake Paul stuff seriously. He's a sideshow attraction. If he's not fighting guys smaller than him with next to no boxing experience he's looking to face people he knows and has worked with before. With the money on offer I'm willing to bet they could have found a decent young pro early in his career that isn't associated to Paul quite easily. I bet Eddie Hearn would have happily put someone from his stable forward, but no. It's a farce. I expect Rahman Jr to fall in the middle rounds. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 7, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted July 7, 2022 i definitely don't take it seriously, i do however find it very entertaining. Quote
David Posted July 7, 2022 Posted July 7, 2022 Just now, Egg Shen said: i definitely don't take it seriously, i do however find it very entertaining. Oh yeah, it's entertaining. I hope he continues down the road of fighting semi-pros and ex-UFC guys, because we all know that once he faces a real boxer of any skill he'll likely get beaten and the fun train comes to an abrupt halt. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 13, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted July 13, 2022 Holy shit! I'd seen rumors swirling for a while, but I really think this is going to happen. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 31, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted July 31, 2022 Paul/Rahman is off, Paul claiming that Rahman was trying to get the fight go ahead at a higher weight. Who knows at this point? it's a circus. Can't help but feel the whole thing was a ploy by Jake Paul to score credibility by making it appear that he was willing to fight a "real" boxer though. Guess i'm the sucker for getting caught up in the whole shebang. Shambles. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted July 31, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 31, 2022 Yeah, Eubank’s on about stepping in. Not gonna happen though is it? Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 31, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted July 31, 2022 Zero chance. Connor Benn chimed in to respond to Eubank, as it looks like their proposed fight on Oct. 8th has gone to shit as well. Boxing can test your patience. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted August 10, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted August 10, 2022 I stuck it in the Fight Announcement thread but thought it should go here too. Benn/Eubank is confirmed for October 8th. There were holdups, but it's clearly been close to being set for weeks. What a barmy fight. I remember the talk about a potential Benn/Eubank fight when Connor Benn first turned pro, and it was one of those fights anyone in the know dismissed because Benn was so behind Eubank, not the mention the massive size difference. The idea of the Benn/Eubank story being continued by the sons was just an idea people wanted to believe could happen, and now it is happening. The build up to this is going to be next level, you know both Dad's are going to be all over it, and you just know the son's are not going to get on. Connor Benn is probably the most intense man in UK Boxing, and the fact that many are gonna doubt him here due to the natural size difference is just gonna fuel everything, not to mention the fact that neither man is gonna wanna lose to the guy's who name is attached to one of the biggest boxing rivalries in British boxing history, if not the biggest. I'm not really sure how it's come about. Connor Benn has slowly been climbing the ranks to a World Title, the build has been slow and strategic, Chris Eubank has been in promotional limbo for years, fighting on pretty much every platform there is in the UK for boxing and has never really moved onto legit world level, this fight just seems like a complete left turn. It probably speaks the state Matchroom is in with DAZN, there's constant talk that the deal is not going too well, fighters are leaving the stable one after the other and the UK schedule is clearly weaker than it was a couple of years ago. This feels like an 'all in' type fight to try and salvage things for the deal. I'm not complaining. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted August 13, 2022 Members Posted August 13, 2022 My Mum (Eubank) and my Dad (Benn) used to SCREAM at each other during their fights. I am 99.9% sure it contributed to their divorce. Might see if I can get them reunited to watch this for a laugh ? Also: Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted August 13, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted August 13, 2022 ? the build up for that is going to be pretty special Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted August 13, 2022 Paid Members Posted August 13, 2022 2 hours ago, SuperBacon said: My Mum (Eubank) and my Dad (Benn) I really wondered where this post was going just reading that. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.