Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeh, its just a great spot for him. The lack of awareness or understanding how basic promotion works on social media is baffling. 

Its the whole 'Why Not Dying Fetus' Download Festival thing😄

18 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

The lack of awareness or understanding how basic promotion works on social media is baffling. 

The lack of awareness on social media shouldn't surprise anyone in this day & age. It's basically like a gigantic pub where everyone is pished and allowed to spout their opinions. Social media should never be taken as a real barometer of anything.

• Paid Members

That’s gutting for Spence. Between the crash and now this, he’s had a shitty few years. Got to hand it to Pacquiao though. I don’t know a ton about Ugas but it sounds like a little bit of a high risk/low reward matchups for a 42 year old Manny to be taking on short notice. He’s really at a stage in his career where he could be selective about who he fights but he genuinely seems up for fighting anyone.

In other news…

Eh? What happened to Anderson fighting Logan Paul? And who wants to see Tito Ortiz box in 2021? Plus side is Anderson’s gonna school him but it’s not something we needed to see is it? Even that weird De La Hoya vs Belfort fight is more interesting to me, just for the curiosity factor.  

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

And who wants to see Tito Ortiz box in 2021? 

I would, only to see someone take Tito "Sniper's Dream" Ortiz' Mekon head off.

• Paid Members

dear lord, its official:

IMG-20210811-WA0069.thumb.jpg.a10e3acd5fa1d75563f070bd3c210571.jpg

of course, the 'freak show' factor will get the better of me and i'll tune in, but what a weird fight. If some upstart promotion got hold of that and did as an MMA fight it would make sense but not as a boxing match.

195lb too, when was the last time Tito was anywhere near that weight?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Egg Shen said:

im guessing its gonna lead to either man boxing Vitor Belfort after this.

Just read that it’s on the same card as De La Hoya vs Belfort so I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the winners matched up. So probably De La Hoya vs Silva at the end of this year/early next.