Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Fury vs Wilder 3 press conference sounded odd. Wilder kept his headphones on through nearly all of it.

What’s the chances he gets spanked again and says the headphones were too heavy and injured his neck? 

73E30D74-3071-444C-88D3-26596EF353BF.jpeg

• Paid Members

Can’t lie I’m getting that feeling myself. But I don’t know why. His chances of landing the fight ending bomb are no better or worse than they ever were. I think it’s just because the AJ fight rests on this (and AJ’s next fight), I’m expecting the worst. It just seems destined to go tits up. That plus I’m not sure Fury’s in as good a place as he was before a year or so ago either but I could be reading too much into it.

They had a fucking 6 minute face-off apparently as well. No way I’m watching all that but;

• Paid Members

I watched it live, it was very odd. Wilder didn't answer questions because he doesn't have any answers. Everyone knows he was won 2 rounds out of 19 they have boxed. The only reason this fight is happening is because Wilder has a good legal team. He even thanked his strong legal team in the little bit he did say. 

The face off was hilarious. Neither of them would move and turn to the front to have more photos done and there was some shit banter between the 2 camps that consisted of Wilder's camp shouting 2 TIME and Fury's camp calling him a dosser. 

I hope the fight is better than this. 

• Paid Members

One thing i didnt like was Fury saying he planned on coming in at 300lb this time and wanted to run over Wilder like an 18 wheeler.

Could be Fury talking bollocks and he'll be lighter? its a legit plan? or Fury's weight has got away from and he doesnt have time to bring it back down? Fury was around 275lb for the second fight.

oh, and Joe Joyce has announced his next fight, same night as Wilder/Fury:

Edited by Egg Shen

There's always the chance that Wilder lands that big shot of course, but everything about this fight points to Fury winning easily. Wilder point blank refusing to acknowledge (privately or publicly) the reasons he lost the second fight should be a huge alarm bell to anyone watching. He's basically replaced his team with people who'll just agree he was robbed and that he'll do much better without the heavy entrance suit.

For me it depends on how Fury approaches it. If he's in the zone, focused, and looking to do the job like he was in the 2nd fight then it won't make a bit of difference what Wilder does. He's losing most likely. 

If Fury comes in distracted and fucking about, with his mind on the Joshua fight, then he could easily get caught with a knock out shot. Let's hope that he's switched on and ends this fight early with little to no damage, allowing him to then quickly head into the Joshua fight hopefully.

• Paid Members

thats why the weight thing worries me, it makes me think Fury isnt taking this as seriously, add with that John Fury's recent comments about being unhappy with who Tyson has surrounded himself with. A 25lb weight gain - if true - is pretty significant for a man that big to begin with. Fury's heaviest ever fight weight previously was 276lb which was his comeback fight after the layoff.

25 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

thats why the weight thing worries me, it makes me think Fury isnt taking this as seriously, add with that John Fury's recent comments about being unhappy with who Tyson has surrounded himself with. A 25lb weight gain - if true - is pretty significant for a man that big to begin with. Fury's heaviest ever fight weight previously was 276lb which was his comeback fight after the layoff.

Remember that Fury said he'd been on a constant bender and wasn't in shape at all, only to appear weeks later looking in shape and on form. He talks bollocks a lot of the time.

• Paid Members

no doubt.

Here's a good interview with Fury post-press conference, feels like the act is dropped and feels like he's being honest in his answers, i like this Fury:

if you cant arsed to watch it, he explains the weight situation that the added weight adds to his durability. He also says that he came into camp underweight they are now playing catchup to get his weight to where thet want it to be.

Edited by Egg Shen