Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

Hearn showed Kugan the line-up for his summer cards a few weeks back on IFL. Kugan made out that they were mind-blowing. 

The cards were leaked earlier this week and they are exactly the same standard as Hearn's shows on Sky. 

So either Kugan is easily pleased or a lot of the fights fell through. I am leaning towards the former. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

Dazn's subscription price will remain at £2 per month during the summer. 

I am tempted to subscribe for the Fight Camp cards. Then again, it would be nice to have a summer without David Diamante on my TV. 

Whats wrong with Diamante?

• Paid Members

😄

Yeah, i get you. Im not a fan of "the fight starts nooooow" either. I just like Diamante as a personality, proper boxing man who loves the sport. That guy has landed his dream job.

Weren't they selling it a few weeks ago as if Fight Camp was going to have some amazing fights now they have moved officially completely to DAZN? It's exactly what I would have expected from them if they were still with Sky Sports. Nothing really stands out on any of the shows. 

• Paid Members

yeah i have to agree, i think the concept is more to have each fighter in a decent fight rather than tune up style fights where no one had heard of the opponent.

The main events aren't great, they'd all work great as co-mains but they dont feel like big fights. Maybe expectations were too high, but thats on Eddie for hyping it. That said, who is there really on the Matchroom UK roster to put there at the moment? You gotta count out AJ/Whyte cause they are still tied in with Sky i believe. Eddie is probably holding back Chisora for the AJ/Usyk card, and the plan for Warrington is to fight in Leeds in September.