Comedy and offense

Chris B

8 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Not the first time I've seen that joke and I still don't get it.

Whenever a trans woman or a bloke challenged him on anything remotely feminist, he always quote tweeted it with “Thanks, another man!”

I doubt you’ve seen that joke on here because I wouldn’t repeat a joke I’d made once in the past or bang that drum until it hurts your head. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

In case your day needed cheering up.

With each passing day he's looking more and more like a Jan Svankmajer character.

Also, it's not fucking sad. This whole situation of him tweeting for 19 hours a day and going down a rabbit hole was when people said the episode of the IT Crowd when a character had a trans mrs and he beat the fuck out of her - people said "Christ, that doesn't sit well". ANd to justify his own shitty script he's become King Cunt. If there's ever an example of too much internet and a refusal to take criticism (He was known as the twitter policeman before the episode and would send his followers on people who didn't agree with him, making them ill - A proper Blue Tick Wanker).

The saddest thing is that 25 years ago he probably made (with Mathews) the finest sitcom in British history. And before anyone pipes up, it was British, not Irish. And to be this state now when Peter Serafinowicz, his brother and his siter who was his ex wife won't speak to the mental. All because people criticised an episode the IT Crowd.

Personally, I'd piss on them all episodes. Never mind one.

Edited by PowerButchi

1 minute ago, wordsfromlee said:

I still find it mad that when he got booted off Twitter, mumsnet was the place he went to. Mumsnet!

He thought he was their saviour. The way they told him to fuck off was beautiful. 

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Is that what started it all then? Jeez...

Unfortunately so. Instead of owning it was not in the best taste, he doubled down. And I'm sure his ex wife now goes down on a partner twice as much as with him, as he sits by his laptop for 19 hours a day. Christmas, New Year, St fucking Frankenstein's day.

He ever started his own version of Twitter when he got kicked off the proper one. Then when no-one joined him there he went back to twitter as a trans man from the C19th just to kick off again. This is all he's done now for 3 years. He needs throwing to the crows.

And that's the saddest thing of all. His entire career, his family life, EVERYTHING'S RUINED (/Mike Patton). and it's all because he won't take criticism.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

To be fair, He's only ever written one good sitcom anyway. And looking at his work he did after that I'm kind of thinking it was Arthur Mathews that put the charm and humour into it as Black Books and especially the IT Crowd are fucking shit.