What is the worst musical instrument?

SuperBacon

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Ukulele. Exclusively played by insufferable cunts to make up for their lack of personality.  

I'd come out and defend the ukulele by saying its easy to learn and can be good for getting a handle on basic chord structures etc before moving onto the guitar, but then I also heard Chris Evans talking about how he was learning it on the radio the other day (not my choice of station) so I'll defer to your point. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

The triangle. 

I'm guessing that when you were made to play it as a child you simply held it by the bottom bar with the point facing down and struck it between what should have been the point of the triangle. 

Worst instrument is the bagpipes. Burn them all in a massive pyre as way of celebrating the end of corona lockdown. 

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
Bagpipes shade.

• Paid Members

Downvote! That's a brilliant instrument, look at it! During music class if you really couldn't be fucked or you didn't have a musical bone in your body, something like that (and the maracas and triangle) were ideal for you. 

At least it doesn't sound like someone hemorrhaging, unlike someone playing the bagpipes.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Bagpipes as an ensemble and played well sound fantastic. 

This. I’ve worked on several events in Scotland where the Red Hot Chilli Pipers (I shit you not) have played, and they are superb. They sound mint in a stadium setting.

It’s the recorder, all day. The very sound send shivers down my spine, both from an audio perspective and for vivid reminders about terrible music lessons as a youngling. 

I don’t think there is a shit instrument, just shithouses who can’t play them right. The accordion was mentioned but The Tiger Lillies and The Pogues use it excellently. Tom Waits is another but as he succinctly put it “A gentleman is someone who can play the accordion but chooses not to”

• Paid Members

A full 120 button accordion is seriously fucking hard to learn. The learning curve for a beginner is like the warped wall on Ninja Warrior. That's why there's so many shit accordionists.

I tried and failed miserably, and I could already play piano "properly" at this point (having done exams and grades and all that stuff).

4 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Don’t think we’ve mentioned the Vuvuzela yet. I think even if you’ve mastered that all you’re going to get is a horrendous sound.  It’s so bad it might not even be considered an instrument. 

Vuvuzelas get a pass as they soundtracked one of the best World Cup moments ever.... GOAL BAFANA BAFANA

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Don’t think we’ve mentioned the Vuvuzela yet. I think even if you’ve mastered that all you’re going to get is a horrendous sound.  It’s so bad it might not even be considered an instrument. 

@David

41 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

tNddvsK.gif