What is the worst musical instrument?

SuperBacon

9 minutes ago, ElCece said:

I'm certain I've mentioned before that I'm an NHS employee and live in Scotland so I'm sure this isn't relevant for the majority but I just wanted to say to those Bagpipers playing whilst everyone was clapping at 8...... your spoiling it for everyone.

This is going off thread, but bagpipes are by far the worst musical instrument ever aren't they?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

It's definitely the recorder. I don't think I've ever heard one played well and even if was it would still be slightly off key, off tempo and listened to whilst sat on a parquet floor.

You missed out cross legged. But yeah. That's a shout

Came in here to nominate the recorder also. Bagpipes can potentially sound good in the right setting with the right tune and skill, but the recorder has yet to be redeemed by anybody anywhere.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

It's definitely the recorder. I don't think I've ever heard one played well and even if was it would still be slightly off key, off tempo and listened to whilst sat on a parquet floor.

The recorder is awesome. Search 'Baker Street flutedrop' in YouTube.

Panpipes and accordians have a place.

Bagpipes don't. It's just wheezing mess.

• Paid Members

Bagpipes as an ensemble and played well sound fantastic. A lone piper that can't keep it in tune and overcompensating with grace notes is just asking to be executed.

Personally I hate the clarinet. It just sounds smug.