The Viking Raiders(c) Vs ???

Pre Show
Andrade Vs Humberto Carillo

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Feels like a near monthly occurrence now to think

A) I'd forgotten there was a PPV due

B) This is the worst build they've ever done

The only positive I can think about this show is it's nice to see a couple of different faces get a PPV match. Otherwise they've got two world titles and no world title matches. A TLC match wasted on an interminable feud between Reigns and Corbin. The Lashley/Rusev blood feud, as bad as it's been, coming down to a Tables match.

Women's tag should be good. In fairness, most matches will be decent. But how could you possibly care.

• Paid Members

I had no idea this was happening, saw someone post the card this morning, figured it looked awful but maybe they'll add something last minute, only to find that the show had already happened. I saw someone post a photo of Daniel Bryan, and thought maybe he came back on Smackdown. No, it was the PPV, last night, and nobody gave a shit. 

The final PPV of the decade. And this is what they manage.

Seth Rollins not even being on the card is hilarious, but for WWE, surely pretty inexcusable. 

There's a lot of things WWE get wrong these days, but how often they do a "mystery opponent" match only for the opponent to be an obvious midcard choice baffles me. It's a stipulation that builds intrigue and excitement, when they must know that it just being a regular team like The OC is going to piss people off when they've been guessing at something else. Even Authors of Pain would have been a better reveal, because at least they have an angle behind them now. 

• Paid Members

Read a review of the show to see if there’s anything worth watching later. Apparently the pre show match and the first two main show matches were really good and then the show fell off a cliff. The Reigns-Corbin and Rusev-Lashley match sounded pretty awful. Did anyone here watch? Or did we all just forget/not give a fuck?

Edited by TheBurningRed

New Day and Revival had an enjoyable ladder matter, which was plenty of fun. Dunno if that is the point of a ladder match though. Black and Murphy was okay but tarnished by the fact the did it in an empty arena.

Everything after that was shit. Plodding, poorly booked and void of drama or creativity. Has Bray had any good matches at all since coming back? I’m bored of his backstage character work because they keep letting it down in the ring. It’s just always really really bad whenever he has a match. 

Main event was awful. Only good bit was Kairi Sane smashing herself in the face with a chair, but that’ll stop being funny if I find out she was hurt 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

Kairi was out of it for most of that match, I didn’t see the initial injury but people online were saying it was either when Charlotte dumped her onto her head on the outside or Charlotte throwing a monitor which ended up hitting her in the back of the head.

You could tell Becky and Asuka were concerned for her but Charlotte just continued hitting her with chairs and then powerbombed her through a table after bitch slapping her because she couldn’t take a spear bump after being concussed.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

After reading that I remembered that awful table spot and thinking it just looked super dangerous. The match was an absolute mess and if someone was out on their feet then they have to wonder why management let the match continue like that.
Surely Asuka, Lynch and Flair could have just carried on the match without her in it would have been better 

• Paid Members

Watched the PPV as my sleep schedule is massively messed up and I was grading mock GCSEs at the time. 

That was more fun, honestly. Entire show after Black and Murphy just seemed like a really dreadful house show. Bray hit two moves all match and that was enough (three if you count him hurling himself into the barricade), the Reigns has no friends arch was stupid considering later on he was involved in a group brawl? Even the Raiders match was just used for product placement for KFC. 

We started 2010 with Edge returning as a surprise Royal Rumble winner, the whole arc about Shawn Michaels needing to face The Undertaker again and the beginning of the end of Batista's original run and we've ended 2019 a 20 minute Baron Corbin match that was essentially "Just how many people does it take to take down Roman Reigns?" in a match centered around Dog Food and Charlotte Flairs guide to slapping someone with a concussion. 

Someone contact The Undertaker, they're using his 'Decade of Destruction' copyright in the wrong way. 

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members

I'm off work with the norovirus so thought I'd give this a watch. Haven't watched any WWE properly outside of the odd match or youtube clip since Mania. It's somehow even more dull than I remember. How long has Roman been punching a cushion in his entrance? 

I actually enjoyed the Roman/Corbin match for what it was but also gave no shits once it finished. Dolph Ziggler doing anything in 2019 is the epitome of "who cares". 

The Miz coming out to face a guy trying to...I dunno...groom his daughter with mystical dolls(??? the video before was confusing) in a glittering headband and novelty sunglasses while doing a faux tough guy walk was textbook modern WWE. 

That main event was enjoyable in a car crash way. For a ladder match I don't think either team actually went for the titles more than once. They seemed to be having more fun hanging by the announce table smacking eachother in the head accidentally. 

Cole and Graves are so dull it's beyond comprehension. They aren't necessarily bad but they are so boring and lacking in any excitement, storytelling and character that they make everything else bad by association. 

Edited by LaGoosh

I enjoyed the Bray stuff. Not many people could carry that off in the way he does but on the whole he seemed to have the crowd invested. Sure, it makes for a difficult match to book, but it was at least different and had some intrigue.

The rest of the card was fine. I didn't go in with any expectations - mostly because there was no hype around anything really - and it made for a watchable show at least. Not saying anything was memorable or anything but it wasn't terrible.

That card - on paper - is neck and neck with those fall 1995 In Your House duds in terms of how nondescript they look. I know ragging on current WWE is done to death and it's just a TLC, but has there ever been more of a placeholder show with such a dim wattage of star power on it? It's in December to Dismember's orbit. Flimsy end to the decade. How many 8-12 year old kids into their action figures could you give this scenario to, and they'd automatically, instinctively bill it as some cool king of the decade/battle to end the decade thing in their head.