WWE TLC 2019

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Skimming through the show, the only thing of worth was Bray wrestling in the Kids TV persona. It wasn’t a good match by any means, and Miz fucking sucks as a babyface, but it was super interesting and different the way Bray played it. Much better than the way normal Finn Balor and The Demon wrestle exactly the same, I’m intrigued to see where they do now that both personas are appearing live in the arena.

Daniel Bryan also looked legitimately ten years younger with the shaved head.

This was also a spot on observation.

I mean, have you ever seen them in the same place at the same time?!

• Paid Members

What a boring show that was. The opener was exciting, but they really made next to no attempt to make it feel like anyone was trying to win. Big E also looked lost at one point near the end when he was arranging the ladders for the stunts. A regular downfall of any of these plunder matches is how much messing about is involved with setting up the props for stunts. The more convoluted it gets the more it hurts the match. Anyway, that was the best thing on the show. After that it was terrible. 

Reigns and Corbin managed to have a boring TLC match with the wrong winner. Roman Reigns should be above this shit, and if he really must be slotted against Corbin for a spell, he should be beating him decisively at the PPV. Instead this is going to drag on for another while. 

Rusev and Lashley had another baby-face look the shits. Miz and Wyatt wasn't good either. It was different, and probably the right way to play it, showing a difference between Wyatt and The Fiend in the ring and that they are split personalities rather than just Wyatt changing his outfit. Seriously though, it's Bray Wyatt. For all the hooks and intrigue at the start of his gimmicks, he never delivers enough when it counts. The exciting matches he has had is a very small list. Essentially Daniel Bryan was able to carry him (which Bray should be thanking his lucky stars they have went back to) and he played his part in the six man matches with the Shield and The Wyatt family. Other than that, Wyatt tends to have me reaching for the off button and he's quickly returned to form with this gimmick. 

• Paid Members

I’m not at all surprised that Kairi came out of that match with a concussion. Frankly, it’s a minor miracle the other girls weren’t hurt.

I don’t know what the deal was, whether they were all having a bad night or weren’t on the same page or something, but whatever the reason that match was a sloppy mess. Stunt after stunt that took forever to be awkwardly set up, then executed even worse. Charlotte seemed to spend the entire match looking genuinely pissed off, whilst Becky spent her second straight Pay Per View Main Event tragically just doing some stuff in front of a dead crowd.

I can’t tell which way around it is. Has Becky lost a step due to losing confidence now that her star has fallen so far? Or was she never that good at working a crowd and it was her character being so over that made up for it? Either way though, you have to wonder how long they’re going to live in this denial. You can’t keep putting her out there last if it’s always going to result in these awkward, unsatisfying, dull atmospheres. Honestly, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that thing with Roman was decided at the last minute during the main event, just to save the show from ending so badly. 

Edited by Supremo

16 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I can’t tell which way around it is. Has Becky lost a step due to losing confidence now that her star had fallen so far? Or was she never that good at working a crowd and it was her character being so over that made up for it? 

She's never been great. Solid at best but never looked at her and thought she was being held back or anything. She was lucky to get the support when she did.

I was going to say that was inexcusable behaviour by Charlotte, but I think it just shows how even the best at the moment struggle to cope off script when something bad happens. Expecting someone who's clearly discombobulated to be able to safely control themselves on bumps outside the ring is absolutely ridiculous. The power bomb, as deplorable as it was, did make me smile - I do like it when you see it dawn on complacent workers how difficult some moves are to do without assistance. 

Bryan reveal surely could have been done better. Have him dress up as The Fiend or in his old Wyatt family outfit only to drop the mask to reveal the haircut/shave. But no, WWE just lash him out there in a hoody. Lazy as fuck stuff. Rest of the show was meh, mainly cos I don't give a bollocks about anyone else on the roster.

A Becky heel turn must be due surely, she's getting fuck all reaction as a face these days. I blame Rollins.

• Awards Moderator
19 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

How many 8-12 year old kids into their action figures could you give this scenario to, and they'd automatically, instinctively bill it as some cool king of the decade/battle to end the decade thing in their head. 

'Ending the decade' has never been an excuse for a big battle type thing though, has it? Armageddon 1999 hardly set the world on fire (although there might have been some flames in the logo for it) and I can't even remember the last show of 2009.

Anyway, I thought Kofi Kingston looked great in the opener. Crowd were behind him, he did some amazing stuff, and it was a little flash reminder of how beloved he was at the start of the year. I'd stick him in one of the title matches at the Rumble.

Thought Black vs. Murphy was really good too.

I've already forgotten most of what happened between that match and the main event.

Main event I liked while watching it, quite enjoyed the chaotic nature of the whole thing but had no idea about Kairi's concussion, which does taint how I feel about it now.

How long has Samoa Joe been a commentator? Is it a permanent move? Is he done in-ring now?

• Awards Moderator
23 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I had no idea this was happening, saw someone post the card this morning, figured it looked awful but maybe they'll add something last minute, only to find that the show had already happened. I saw someone post a photo of Daniel Bryan, and thought maybe he came back on Smackdown. No, it was the PPV, last night, and nobody gave a shit. 

I did the exact same thing yesterday morning - but it was your retweet of the photo of Daniel Bryan I saw!

Double posts are a terrible thing and I apologise.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

How long has Samoa Joe been a commentator? Is it a permanent move? Is he done in-ring now?

He's only been doing it a few weeks whilst he's injured. I don't think it's a permanent thing but I'd have no problem if it was because he's easily the best commentator they've got right now. In my head though, I want them to slowly build to a moment where he eventually takes the headset off and challenges the newly-turned Seth Rollins. Have Joe subtly criticise Seth and the AOP for weeks, let Seth run through everyone, then when Joe is healed from all his injuries position him as Seth's big opponent for Wrestlemania.

36 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

'Ending the decade' has never been an excuse for a big battle type thing though, has it? Armageddon 1999 hardly set the world on fire (although there might have been some flames in the logo for it) and I can't even remember the last show of 2009.

Not in WWE, no, but the point is they should. 

Sure, the difference to the on screen product might be marginable, but it's something WCW used to always do, if I recall. They were forever going on about the last show of 97, the first show of 98, the battle to end the millennium etc. It's just stuff that as a kid I'd have found neat myself. 

It's one of those things that's so easy to make cool about wrestling but they're just not arsed. Probably because of the same bizarre internal logic that terrifies them of numbering their WrestleManias anymore. 

My big problem with the show is how it ended. Regardless of the quality of the match, the four women beat the holy hell out of each other... only for the mass brawl to cut short everything, including the Kabuki Warriors music. Following on from Mania 34 when Cena charging backstage overshadowed the end of Asuka's streak, I thought it was disrespectful as hell.

I wanted to like the show, I really did, but there was so many little things that stopped me caring.

* Big E has a ladder set under the belts and no-one else is around. Go for the, GO FOR THE BELTS! Nah, I’m spend the next 2 minutes setting up 2 other ladders because we’ve got more shit to get in.

* The visual of Murphy & Black sitting staring at eachother was great. But at the back of my mind all I could think was “they’re going to make them a Tag Team arn’t they?”

* Viking Raiders having their match pillaged by a KFC advert, no wonder no-one gives a shit about them

* Reigns/Corbin was a right snoozer, but at least Reigns actually seemed to be over with the crowd as a face. Then Ziggler turned up and what little interest I had left just evaporated.

* Rusev/Lashley - skipped, don’t fucking care.

* For all they’ve done with the Women this year, the main event had the same people having the same type of match as 12 months ago, only this time Kairi Sane is in it too. The more things the more they remain the same

* Fucking Kendo Sticks

On the plus side-

* Was intriguied eithhow theyd present Bray Wyatt in a match as opposed to The Fiend, and thought they did pretty well, and no red lights! When he pulled out the big mallet and Cole screamed “WHAT IS THAT!?”, well Michael, you saw it at Hell In A Cell 2 months ago, you should know

* Daniel Bryan dropping the Catweazle look is another plus point

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Something that occurred to me during the New Day / Revival match:

What would happen if one member of the opposing teams grabbed a belt each - say, Big E and Dawson were on top of the ladder and each grabbed a belt? Would the match be declared a draw, restarted, Dawson and Big E made tag champs as unwilling partners? Has this ever been done?

7 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Something that occurred to me during the New Day / Revival match:

What would happen if one member of the opposing teams grabbed a belt each - say, Big E and Dawson were on top of the ladder and each grabbed a belt? Would the match be declared a draw, restarted, Dawson and Big E made tag champs as unwilling partners? Has this ever been done?

I'm surprised we have never seen that scenario to be honest.