Cake

HarmonicGenerator

On 11/30/2019 at 1:48 AM, Thunderplex said:

I live in smelling distance of the Mcvities factory.  Fucking wonderful.

Ha, I used to go to footy training in Harlesden and could smell it whenever we went out to the pitches - gorgeous isn't it

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz
Spelt "Harlesden" incorrectly.

• Paid Members
On 11/30/2019 at 1:48 AM, Thunderplex said:

I live in smelling distance of the Mcvities factory.  Fucking wonderful.

Where I used to live, on Burnage Lane, you used to be able to smell it from there too. Don't get a whiff here in Heaton Moor though :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I went for a carvery on my own today, because that’s the kind of thing I do now apparently. It was absolutely class. It involved 4 meats, loads of roasted beige, sweet & crispy roast parsnips & potatoes, loads of buttery veg, all home made, top quality too, for £5. Unreal.

On top of that, you could add a slice of cake for £3. The absolute plight of these...

E81ECD82-F57E-4CF1-9BAE-65C798AD32FE.jpeg

92C1CD2F-3942-4DB8-A08C-06E5AEB020BC.jpeg

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

My friend works for our local version doing the cakes. She says they're pre-bought and they just decorate them. Still very impressive but does take a bit of the magic away.

If I’m honest, I’m impressed they do any of it. I assumed they were 100% bought in. I went in on a whim and I only spotted these on the way out. I’m defo going back. The only issue is what to start with. I think I’ll start top left and work my way through them. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Anything more extravagant than a Victoria Sponge is a bit peas above sticks for me.

To be fair, I don’t totally disagree. A Victoria Sponge is spot on for 6 nights of the week, but 1 night of the week I want to put my good jeans and a nice shirt on.