Strange Encounters with Wrestlers

Ironic Indie Lad

• Paid Members

Went into a small bar on Beale Street after a Smackdown taping in Memphis in 2009, a little while later in came Teddy Long, Mike Chioda, Alicia Fox & Gail Kim.

Had no interaction with Kim, but:

• got kayfabed by Teddy when I asked why he hadn’t been on the show (“It was just so busy in the office, playa”)
  • engaged in a Serie A vs Premier League debate with Chioda
  • made Foxy piss herself laughing when I told her I’d seen her (at the time) recent managerial charge/dance partner DJ Gabriel wrestle as “Steve Sonic” in England, which she rightly thought was a hilariously bad name.

Killing time in Coventry before one of the Skydome shows, I went into a restaurant relatively near the arena for a piss (without buying anything). As I approached the gents, Spud came out.

I nodded & said “Alright, Spud?”

He said “I’d give it a minute if I were you.”

Matt Sydal asked me to try and fix his iPod while we were in the queue for a show. He didn’t what he’d done to it and all I could think to try was the hard-reset, but it was frozen completely, no idea if he ever got it sorted.

Steve Corino needed our help ordering a taxi as we left the first 1PW show because he couldn’t work out how to use our area codes on his mobile

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Nothing like meeting Gangrel at a petty station story but I did attend a training seminar in Manchester with Low-Ki back in 2004 which really showcased Ki's infamous attitude of taking himself too seriously and being an all round sausage. Not only did he clench every poor cunts fingers that attempted to shake his hand (which is fine I suppose) but he forced a trainee (who became a bit of a player on the north west circuit) to switch his CZW t-shirt inside out before the session even started. The session then consisted of back-bumps on wooden panels with no mats and other various weird shit that he seemed to get a buzz out of. If I knew the kick-in I was getting myself into in advance I'd have spent the 15 quid on cider like the rest of my mates did at the weekends. So yeah, pretty strange, but not exactly surprising given the culprit.

also bumped into Matt Riddle in Orlando outside a bar and shared a Newport with him, he was lovely.

I was early to a Rev Pro show in Walthamstow back in 2017 so I popped to the shop to get a quick drink and then sat out on the grass, by the venue, rolled up a spliff and enjoyed my time prior to entering, up walks Matt Riddle who claimed he could smell it from a mile away and said he wished he could join me as he was facing Ishii tonight and needed all the help he could get. 

He set up his merch table near where I was sitting too and recognised me when I was taking my seat and gave me a thumbs up, he was super nice to everyone whilst there, lovely bloke.

• Paid Members

I went with a friend to a live Something to Wrestle With and Doug Williams was in attendance. My mate was pissed and asked Doug for a selfie in the bogs. Luckily he's not Randy Orton, so he cheerfully said yes, on the condition they take it outside of the toilet area and chatted with him for a while

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Richard said:

Nothing like meeting Gangrel at a petty station story but I did attend a training seminar in Manchester with Low-Ki back in 2004 which really showcased Ki's infamous attitude of taking himself too seriously and being an all round sausage. Not only did he clench every poor cunts fingers that attempted to shake his hand (which is fine I suppose) but he forced a trainee (who became a bit of a player on the north west circuit) to switch his CZW t-shirt inside out before the session even started. 

Seems he's still harboring a bit of resentment from his own stint there;

C_1IJ7WWAAA6XEt.jpg

Also, spill the beans on the trainee!

1 hour ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

If its true please elaborate Ricc

It was when he was over for a 1PW show. he arrived a day before most of the other imports, I was charged with taking him somewhere for dinner. As I recall, the night turned into the next morning, monged on the floor of Scorpio's hotel room. I was a write off for about 3 days. he just kept going.

Edited by Ricc1PW

I worked ring crew for all the dates of FWA - Stevie Knight's ill fated 'FWA Celebrity Wrestling Tour' in 2005.
I was one of his trainees at the time and it was an experience I did not want to miss.

Notable highlights of the tour were Alex Shane taking Joe Legend and D-Lo Brown to a transvestite bar after the show in [I think] Leeds and being in the back of the car when one of the crew got a call from the angry husband of the woman he had boned the night before threatening to kill him.
I remember chatting with Joe Legend in Loughborough Student Union's bar and him telling me about a wrestling show at a nudist camp in Canada where he had worked. Apparently getting heat was easy because he 'was wearing clothes and they weren't so instantly they hated me'. 
I also remember two very attractive young ladies waiting for Aviv Maayan after the Leeds show - while me, a couple of other trainees and some skinny kid who had apparently worked some matches as 'El Ligero' [whatever happened to him?] - dismantled the ring.

I do also recall Alex Shane telling a ... female fan who definitely wasn't just hanging around to fuck him... to 'Fuck off then!' after she said something that irritated him before angrily walking away and leaving her standing there.

• Paid Members

I've worked with Joe E Legend a bunch, he's one of my favourite wrestling storytellers. Worked everywhere you can possibly imagine. Apparently while they were filming Celebrity Wrestling, one of the hosts (ex-Big Brother winner, I think?) bought him a talking Mr. T key ring and he used to prank call Roddy Piper to play it down the phone to him.

My only run-ins with Alex Shane have been completely positive, but a friend of mine who trained with PROGRESS in their early days apparently bumped him at the after-party for one of TNA's UK tours, and rather than introduce himself to her, he asked, "do you remember me?". She replied that they'd never met before, and he said, "no, I meant from the FWA".

20 hours ago, Ricc1PW said:

It was when he was over for a 1PW show. he arrived a day before most of the other imports, I was charged with taking him somewhere for dinner. As I recall, the night turned into the next morning, monged on the floor of Scorpio's hotel room. I was a write off for about 3 days. he just kept going.

I assume he was rocking the old Peruvian marching powder then!