Strange Encounters with Wrestlers

Ironic Indie Lad

I want to hear about bizarre or mundane encounters you've had with wrestlers. None of this "oh I paid hundreds to meet the Undertaker and he was really nice" rubbish - I don't care.

I want some obscure shit. The bleaker the better.

I'll start it off:

I have pissed beside both Kenny Omega and Yoshinari Ogawa in very bleak UK venues.

I saw Edge and Shelton Benjamin browsing some magazines in a WHSmiths in 2005.

I was standing watching the Ospreay/Sydal 2/3 falls match in Rev pro in 2015. Shinsuke Nakamura ran past me in a crouched position to ensure I did not miss a single second of the action. Very polite of him.

I somehow found myself absolutely steaming drunk in an empty bowling alley with Sami Calihan and Trevor Lee in the middle of the night. All 3 playing some weird game where you had to hit the other in the head with a metal spoon with the recipient losing if they flinched.

I saw Paul London taking a rat back to his hotel once and she was AT BEST a 2/10.

Mick Foley used to DM my bird on Myspace in about 2008.

• Paid Members

Stood next to Simon Gotch at a urinal in Wolverhampton. Can't confirm whether or not he was shooting on Enzo Amore at the time.

Went for tapas with Tatanka, the day after seeing him eat every single potato at a hotel buffet. Main memory is him responding to a joke about drug use with a bellowed "WOAH! DOWN THIS END OF THE TABLE WE SMOKE UM PEACE PIPE!"

Saw Mark Haskins in Spiders in Hull, looking thoroughly miserable while the DJ played a bunch of wrestling themes.

1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

Stood next to Simon Gotch at a urinal in Wolverhampton. Can't confirm whether or not he was shooting on Enzo Amore at the time.

Went for tapas with Tatanka, the day after seeing him eat every single potato at a hotel buffet. Main memory is him responding to a joke about drug use with a bellowed "WOAH! DOWN THIS END OF THE TABLE WE SMOKE UM PEACE PIPE!"

Saw Mark Haskins in Spiders in Hull, looking thoroughly miserable while the DJ played a bunch of wrestling themes.

This is exactly the sort of bleakness I crave

mmmmmmmmm

• Paid Members

Me and a friend had breakfast with Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis in Preston Premier Inn. On the way out walked past Rikishi with about a dozen eggs on his plate.

• Paid Members

Had to give Shelton Benjamin a lift in my car once because he refused to make a 3 minute walk to a venue. He refused to speak to anyone but did take a travel sweet off me. 

Saw Scott Steiner throw up in a bin. 

Delerious once got angry and tried to kayfabe me because I went over to him (unmasked) and asked him 'hey are you Hunter?' I had to stop him mid sentence to explain that I didn't know he was Delerious and had been emailing him back and forth for a few months with some video work as part of his day job. 

Many years ago I was leaving Rhyl Town Hall and Brody Steele was sat blocking the stairwell making a phone call to a woman saying he just wanted to hear her voice before his chain match tonight, in case the worst happened and he ended up in hospital due to lack of blood and was expecting at least one of the people in the match to end up in hospital ( or possibly worse ....pause for dramatic effect...dead) and how personal the match was. When we asked to get past him he told us to 'shut the fuck up while he talks to his woman for the last time'

he later went on to have a textbook campsite show.