Scariest wrestlers

In honour of Bray Wyatt's new look, which would have scared the shit out of me as a kid and is still pretty damn creepy now to be honest, I figured I'd start the 'scariest wrestlers' thread - those wrestlers that either now, or when you were a kid, you found to be pretty damned scary.

Has to be mid-to-late 1991 version of The Undertaker for me - he got me hooked on wrestling and I was so scared of the entire thing - the slow movements, the sitting up, the dead stare, the voice, Paul Bearer... just honestly really scary. I could never watch wrestling at night if The Undertaker was on.

Ezekiel Jackson. For the time I saw him accompanying The Brian Kendrick at a house show in Cardiff and yelled something about how Kendrick sucked. I got 'the look' from Mr Jackson and promptly hid behind my wife. A truly terrifying guy when he looks a bit pissed and might actually tear your head off. 

• Paid Members

When Undertaker and Big Show first teamed up I was shit scared. Who could stand a chance against them? My favourites Kane and X-Pac certainly couldn't. 

Got ruined a bit later when Taker rambled on about leaving Big Show alone in the desert and he came back with a new pair of snakeskin boots.

Vader was a beast and someone who would kill you in a real fight. I'd walk out the arena if I heard I was wrestling him!

Lesnar is another that is the ONLY person on the roster right now with any aura of badass. Joe is another possibly but he comes off as cuddly rather than a badass and seems like he is putting on a performance whereas Lesnar looks like he doesn't give a shit and would go in it for himself.

Minoru Suzuki is one of those guys who genuinely would scare me if I were a wrestler. Its the eyes. 

Rarely do I find wrestlers actually scary. The gimmicks may be a tad spooky but you know they aren't badass. The ones above have that extra something.

As a kid no wrestler scared me, no one even close, but i was watching 18 rated horror films from the age of 7 or 8 onwards, they really did scare me with nightmares for years, even in to adult life.  With hindsight now, Jake in 91 would have been the closest i think. 

Wyatt scares me now slightly. 

Papa Shango creeped the fuck out of me and haunted my nightmares for the best part of 20 years till one day I binged the hell out of his matches and promos on the Network to get it out of my system

Bray's current look definitely would have terrified me as a kid, but having grown up to be a horror buff I really love the Fiend mask paired with the yellow/red contacts