Scariest wrestlers

• Paid Members

Surprisingly enough, Jimmy Ocean.  He was in a match in the early 90’s in Stockport where he was just about to do a top rope move, when he was knocked off the top turnbuckle by Danny Boy Collins and landed just near me in the aisle 4 rows back.  Did the usual jeering, and he gave me a look that was just like one of those wirey psycho’s who hang around outside jobcentres who you know would slit your throat for a bag of chips.  Nice as pie after the show, but for that moment, I nearly shit myself.

Strangely, Kamala. I think it's the Summerslam match against Undertaker that did it. The entrance is creepy, him needing a handler makes him seem unpredictable and dangerous and it's how he keeps attacking Taker after the DQ, particularly a bloke of his size diving from the second rope was scary for 7 year old me. In hindsight it's all a bit silly.

With adult eyes it's Vader or Scott Steiner.

Although i doubt there are too many people around here that grew up around the time The Original Sheik was in his prime, surely Sabu's mental Uncle deserves a mention?

Pretty much in character 24/7 for decades ( including to some of his own family! ) He is the only wrestler i am aware of that in the heat of the moment, would blade a fan if they got too close. 

• Paid Members

Billy Jack Haynes scares the fuck out of me these days. He's old and in terrible health but he comes across like the perfect storm of crazy and desperate. Like he'd stab you to death if he thought there was even the slightest chance that it'd lead to a payday, or even just a bit of attention.

I mean, he's confessed to being involved in the murder of children. It's pretty obvious that he's making it up, like, but even that is just fucking mental. What kind of psycho does that?

• Paid Members

When Mankind first debuted (must have been 96 - 97?) I was absolutely petrified of him. His music was creepy, horrible mask, high pitched voice and doing weird stuff like pulling his own hair out. If that wasn’t enough my ten year old self believed he was actually ripping people’s tongues out as a finishing move as well.