All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I’m not ashamed to admit that I don’t have a fucking clue as to what’s going on at the moment.

I just don’t understand any of it, and I like keeping up with politics! It’s baffling. 

Sadly i have to agree

Maybe i am a bit thick? But despite a genuine attempt to keep up with this Brexit Shitstorm, i am still quite confused.

The most baffling thing for me is that it seems like Labour are "The Remain Party", yet the majority of "Leave" votes came from Labour strongholds ???? Does that mean Labour are going against their own voters? and if so, who would want to vote for them in the future? 

• Moderators

No-one is even talking about remaining at the moment. Right now the only pressing concern is avoiding the cliff edge of a no deal Brexit in a few weeks time. Then they can all go back to arguing the same circular bollocks we went through with May.

The government and the right wing media that props them up are intentionally painting anyone opposed no deal as a remainer. It's a load of bollocks.

(Also there's a lot of other incorrect things with your statement but they are also not relevant right now due to the current burning issue).

• Paid Members

My take on this is:

-Boris promised us we will leave on the 29th October with or without a deal

- Everyone but the Torys doesn’t want a no deal Brexit 

- block on leaving without a deal is now at the House of Lords 

- No-one wants a GE without a No Deal clause passed. Once that is passed, almost certain we’ll get a GE

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Labour are "The Remain Party"

They really aren't, throughout they have said they wish to honour the referendum, much to the chagrin of it's members. 

Corbyn is one of parliaments biggest euro sceptics, in fact old school Labour as a whole are more euro sceptic than Rees-Mogg. Just look at Skinner. 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

The most baffling thing for me is that it seems like Labour are "The Remain Party", yet the majority of "Leave" votes came from Labour strongholds ???? Does that mean Labour are going against their own voters? and if so, who would want to vote for them in the future? 

There are plenty of Labour-held seats where the majority of people voted Leave in the referendum, but the majority of *Labour voters* in those areas voted Remain. 

20 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

They really aren't, throughout they have said they wish to honour the referendum, much to the chagrin of it's members. 

Corbyn is one of parliaments biggest euro sceptics, in fact old school Labour as a whole are more euro sceptic than Rees-Mogg. Just look at Skinner. 

So why is Corbyn pushing for a "People's Vote" when the majority of his people have already voted for Brexit in the first place?

• Paid Members

Worst thing about this now is how polarised it is. Before, there were some shades of Grey: Soft Brexit, Hard Brexit, Norway Option etc....

Now, if you don't want a No Deal, you are a Remainer. And to be a Brexiter, you must desire No Deal. That's all that's left in this debate now. I fucking hate it.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

So why is Corbyn pushing for a "People's Vote" when the majority of his people have already voted for Brexit in the first place?

Because it means he doesn't have to decide which direction the Labour party will head in? Labour isolate some of their support if they back remain and they isolate some of their support if they back leave. So sitting on the fence has been Corbyn's tactic until now. Putting it to a peoples vote allows him to continue doing that. Until, say the Greens or Lib Dems who have everything to gain by aggressively backing remain and a second referendum.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Because we didn’t vote for a no deal. What people were told about leaving was lies. So people’s vote is do we accept the actual plan / deal on the table