All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

Remember that time Justin Bieber was giving a deposition and he was being a dickhead and saying “I don’t recall” to practically every question? That’s Sunak at the Covid enquiry. What awful luck though that he too lost all his WhatsApp messages over a crucial time period like Johnson did. 

Absolute cunts. 

• Paid Members
On 12/9/2023 at 10:43 AM, Keith Houchen said:

But you mentioned the “Batshit” ones. If the Tory party isn’t right wing enough for them, the LibDems certainly wouldn’t be. They’d join Reform. 

Plus of course a lot of these won’t actually be MPs after the next election so they won’t be bringing votes with them if they defect after losing their seat. 

Hmmm. Is further fragmentation and the increase of fringe political groups. Going to spread the voting public a bit thin?

Labour parachuted Claudia Webbe into Leicester East after the Vaz debacle. She's since become an Independent after her conviction for harassment of her love rival. Although she does show up at various local events. Her political savvy in the service of Leicester East has been lacking. She was completely overshadowed by Braverman during the overblown disturbances in Leicester East towards the end of 2022. Bloody Cricket! The weaponization and nationalistic fervour associated with that silly game is bizarre. India have done a very good job of exporting idiocy.

Webbe has presided over a time where the Tories have made considerable gains, at the councillor level, in Leicester East. The Tories were able to take advantage of  incompetence by Labour? They definitely shot themselves in the foot during the last by-election. Leicester East is a predominantly Indian-Asian area. Rishi Sunak is likely to have been quite alluring to many local voters. 

Going back to the original point of the Tories shedding members. Is it possible that these rogue elements will shake up matters in other political parties and/or areas. Thus creating opportunities to gain voters.

Edited by BigJag

21 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Every WhatsApp message is traceable. 

It's only readable at either end of the system though - that's the selling point of end-to-end encryption.  So if all parties "accidentally" delete the messages, or refuse access, then they're unrecoverable.

Blatantly a whole load of pertinent WhatsApp messages were purged from people's phones.

6 minutes ago, Loki said:

It's only readable at either end of the system though - that's the selling point of end-to-end encryption.  So if all parties "accidentally" delete the messages, or refuse access, then they're unrecoverable.

Blatantly a whole load of pertinent WhatsApp messages were purged from people's phones.

So there’s the possibility they were accidentally deleted after they failed in their court case to overturn the decision they had to submit their WhatsApp messages to the inquiry? I mean, if there was nothing untoward about those messages, why launch legal proceedings to stop them being seen?

Its fucking rotten and they’re laughing at us. 

55 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

So there’s the possibility they were accidentally deleted after they failed in their court case to overturn the decision they had to submit their WhatsApp messages to the inquiry? I mean, if there was nothing untoward about those messages, why launch legal proceedings to stop them being seen?

Its fucking rotten and they’re laughing at us. 

I'd say that's almost certainly what happened, and I hope that the inquiry will drill down into that a lot more.

@SuperBacon your copper mate may be an expert on encryption in which case I'm happy to be corrected, but this is what WhatsApp says - 

https://faq.whatsapp.com/820124435853543

WhatsApp's end-to-end encryption is used when you chat with another person using WhatsApp Messenger. End-to-end encryption ensures only you and the person you're communicating with can read or listen to what is sent, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp. This is because with end-to-end encryption, your messages are secured with a lock, and only the recipient and you have the special key needed to unlock and read them. All of this happens automatically: no need to turn on any special settings to secure your messages.

This is why the government has been trying, and failing, to get IT companies like WhatsApp to provide back doors for their software - it's impossible without abandoning the very technology which underpins WhatsApp.  Unlike, say, iMessage where your message passes through a central server in an unencrypted state, end-to-end means it's ONLY readable on the sending, and receiving device.

• Members

Like I said, it was a while ago and we were just having a chat before 7 a side once, but I'm certain he said that they were all recoverable, even when deleted and when using that timer thing so it disappears after an hour or whatever.

But my reputation is being ruined here so, bun down dirty babylon etc

Edited by SuperBacon

So traceable = can tell a message was sent from person X to person Y. That information can be got from whatsapp. However as Loki said, data in the messages is encrypted so you can't read them. However let's say you were trying to find evidence of someone dealing drugs, you'd potentially be able to show patterns of communication that would provide some degree of evidence they might be doing such a thing

Recoverable is potentially referring to recovering them from the phone they were made with? Seems plausible given your whatsapp messages are backed up by default. So firstly you've got the fact deleting in computers is a complicated term, fair chance recent messages are still in memory even if they're "deleted" (just means you can't see them). Also with the backups, I could absolutely see engineers being too lazy to implement a "go back through backups and delete these specifics messages" because I'm fairly sure that'd be a pain in the arse given how they'd mostly likely implement a backup (blob of data representing all messages in memory at one moment)

I think the authorities can get a warrant to access you phone? Which means they could get a warrant to access the encryptions keys on your phone (along with any data that might stored in memory, even if it's been deleted).  They could also use that phone to access decrypted backups

Edited by organizedkaos

Yeah, if you have access to the original receiving device and can recover the messages from a cloud backup (which surely everyone turns off straight away, right?) then you could recover the messages.  IIRC the claim about Johnson's phone was that it had been "factory reset" so the decryption key would be lost.

But it would be interesting to have that tested by someone other than the Cabinet Office!

Mr Deathrey is a former Digital Forensic for the police and he said that it depends how and when the messages were deleted and if the device was used long enough to overwrite the deleted data.

End to end encryption is just the method used to send the message and has nothing to do with the storage of the message. The messages are stored locally on the device in an SQL database. If you factory reset it, even then there is potential for recovery but the more other stuff that is done on the device means that more data is over written and it becomes harder to recover.

Edited by deathrey