Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

13 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Man that was shit. Why you’d continuously try and break down a team who are sitting deep by swinging balls over is maddening. I know people will say that we’ve won the league and results are meaningless but I really hope we don’t Spurs it and carry our shit form in to next season, especially as all indications are that we won’t be signing anyone again.

My heart bleeds. 

Got a sneaking feeling you'll be fine.

• Paid Members

I wonder how much transfer activity we'll see. It was announced that the window will open between 27th July - 5th October. I think we're going to see a fuckload of loans.

Can't see too much happening on our side- a few out (Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, some of the hundreds of shit defenders we appear to be stockpiling), Ceballos loan made permanent, Saliba finally joining up with the squad and perhaps.Coutinho in on loan.

You can add us trying to get rid of Ozil, Auba will probably be off and bringing players in I don't see much, if anything being done on that front. We need to be getting rid of squad players we don't need if possible, getting decent transfer funds and using that on top of any budget we have to try helping bridge the gap. The recruitment policy at the club hasn't been good enough for a long time now, some good signings, to go with some really poor ones. It's going to be a big challenge as this season has sucked and looking to the future, we have to find a way to come back and that most likely after a dreadful season is losing our best player and top goalscorer for a low fee. 

I was all for selling Auba and using the money, but given the circumstances, we're not commanding a big fee for him and we need his goals next season. Even if he doesn't sign, keep him next year. It gives Eddie / Martinelli another season under their belts as well without the pressure of being 'THE MAN' at the club. Plus he seems happy enough at us.

Arteta is really ramping it up on the board, which is great.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

I doubt Auba will see ÂŁ250k p/a as a no brainer. It's quite a drop in salary for him.

Doh!

Selling him rather than giving him this contract is mental. We won't get a huge transfer fee for him as he has one year (or less, technically) left. And how on earth will be replace a striker with the amount of goals he scores with the budget we have?? Not a chance in hell.

Edited by PunkStep

44 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Doh!

Selling him rather than giving him this contract is mental. We won't get a huge transfer fee for him as he has one year (or less, technically) left. And how on earth will be replace a striker with the amount of goals he scores with the budget we have?? Not a chance in hell.

Even if he has a slight dip in form, you still won't get a striker of that quality for ÂŁ40m.

It really is the best option (for us). I hope it pays off for us and for him.

5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Rumours are that Auba will stay if we give him a ÂŁ250k p/a 3 year contract. That's a no-brainer to me. I think he'll stay.

That's what I heard few weeks ago too but if its true, you'd think the deal be all signed now. I'd be given him the contract for sure if in charge, I do wonder whether him being played left wing most of the time and having too so Lacazette and Nketieh can play up top might give him doubts about staying.