Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

With the title race wrapped up,  the battle for a CL place suddenly opening up is welcome. Not sure if it's top four or five yet but it's going to be interesting. United have a very good run in while Wolves are in great form. Meanwhile, Leicester have fallen off a cliff and you never quite know which Chelsea you're going to get. Good stuff.

Not sure the bottom will be as thrilling. Norwich have got no chance. Villa and Bournemouth just can't find any momentum. 

Also, Steve Bruce > Rafa.

• Paid Members

Man United are looking worryingly good. Like, a couple of signings away from challenging for next season's title good. Bruno and Pogba could be a dominant midfield partnership, Martial is starting to score more, Rashford has had an excellent season and Greenwood is coming along very well. Bastards.

Leicester have really fallen off a cliff, they looked dead certs for a CL place. On current form they don't look like they'll stay up there.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:29 PM, tiger_rick said:

Also, Steve Bruce > Rafa.

He's done alright bless him, but there's been a gulf of difference when it comes to the support he's had from the club. If you look at the spend on players in the years that Rafa was there compared to the two managers either side it's depressing stuff. The fact that Steve McClaren was given more money than Benitez is depressing, never mind that Steve Bruce has been the beneficiary of two of our most expensive signings. 

As good as he's been, having Saint Maximin has essentially put a plaster on a lot of the team's problems. In the same way that selling Cabaye fucked us in the Pardew years, we'd be done without him.

Peter Crouch’s Podcast has completely turned me around on Sean Dyche, as well as Harry Redknapp and Tony Pulis. Reckon he’d be a good fit at Newcastle if they sack off Bruce but if they sack off Bruce it’ll be for a Rafa return or a much fancier manager than Dyche. 

Whilst I don't think he could thrive at the very top, I think Sean Dyche is a perfect example of complete and utter snobbery* in this country, and that "hilarious" article is a prime example. 

It's a bit like Roy Hodgson being a "funny little Grandad" when actually, he's one of the smartest managers around.

Because he looks and sounds the way he does, he gets unfairly maligned as a bit "Brexity", and thick, and to be honest, even though it's very methodical and traditional, I'd rather watch Burnley over the majority of the Premier League at the moment. He's done a fantastic job there.

I think he'd fit Newcastle well, but perhaps not if they get taken over, although that might be fun.

*Glass houses and stones, I've been/am guilty of it as well.

@Mr_Danger I can't agree on Redknapp. I've never liked him, and he's possibly my most hated Spurs manager of my lifetime, and that includes the current cunt and The Man In The Raincoat.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't put Pulis and Dyche in the same conversation as Redknapp either. As much as I hate watching their styles of football, Pulis and Dyche are smart managers. They wouldn't have overachieved with relatively small clubs otherwise. 

Redknapp on the other hand, I'm genuinely bamboozled as to how he has had the managerial career he's had. Thick as mince with the football tactical nous of my mum. Wasn't much of a coach either was he?

• Awards Moderator

If you asked every S*n reader to describe the qualities of their ideal England manager, it’d be half Redknapp, half Allardyce.

Pulis was a cunt with us but I agree with Punk; he knows what he’s doing, it’s just dreadful to watch.