Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

4 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

Yeah, I can get behind that. 

I am struggling with the ethics of this. On the one hand he's acting very unprofessionally, and extorting the club by not doing what he's being paid to do, as well as wasting the talent he has to the detriment of the club on the pitch. On the other hand, the club have put him in that position and caused a rift between him and the club/supporters.

I guess you can't fault him for staying and getting paid. I can accept that. But if he's going to stay, he should be doing the job he's being paid for.

What's he not doing? He is training with the first team, if the manager decides not to pick him, what's he supposed to do? I get your argument about if he isn't playing, he should look to leave if there is a option to do so, but why leave and get paid less elsewhere? Why leave and uproot your family if you want to fight for your place in the team? I know Ozil is easily good enough to be in this team, let alone the squad and I'[m sure he is well aware of that himself. 

21 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

Yeah, I can get behind that. 

I am struggling with the ethics of this. On the one hand he's acting very unprofessionally, and extorting the club by not doing what he's being paid to do, as well as wasting the talent he has to the detriment of the club on the pitch. On the other hand, the club have put him in that position and caused a rift between him and the club/supporters.

I guess you can't fault him for staying and getting paid. I can accept that. But if he's going to stay, he should be doing the job he's being paid for.

This post contradicts itself in literally every sentence. 

"Extorting the club" Lol. You need to get over it.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, patiirc said:

If Arsenal dont want Ozil. Will not say no. Eliasson's probably off anyway.

New Manager is likely Stevie G or Chris Hughton.  Christ know's what will happen with all that :/

#ABJT

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This post contradicts itself in literally every sentence. 

"Extorting the club" Lol. You need to get over it.

Why do you constantly look for aggro on this forum? You're a real tedious bore.

I haven't contradicted myself at all. My original post said I can fault for him for staying and be paid, Keith put his point across, and I'm now accepting that I can't fault him for it.

14 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

Why do you constantly look for aggro on this forum? You're a real tedious bore.

I haven't contradicted myself at all. My original post said I can fault for him for staying and be paid, Keith put his point across, and I'm now accepting that I can't fault him for it.

Can't argue with the second part of your sentence, but the first is a bit baffling.

Don't get mardy and defensive when someone says something you don't like, and challenges you.

In your post, you say you understand his reasons for doing what he is doing, then in literally the next sentence you say you're struggling with the ethics of it all, and that he's acting unprofessionally and extorting the club. 

Then you blame the club. Then you say you can't fault him for staying and getting paid. and that you can accept that, but he should be doing the job he's being paid to do.

So in one post, you've accepted his position, but blamed him for it. You've understood why he's acted a certain way, but then not understood it, and you've blamed Ozil and the club for the current predicament. 

You're as confused as your shitting habits. 

I'm not attributing blame to one or the other. I'm struggling with the ethics because they've both done/are doing things that are ethically/professionally right and wrong.

This isn't a black and white situation where one party is fully to blame.

It's not difficult to understand and accept why someone would do one thing, but also be annoyed at the manner in which they're conducting themselves in another. 

Can't argue with the second part of your sentence, but the first is a bit baffling.

You make passive aggressive and snipey comments and it comes across as though you're fishing for a reaction.

You're as confused as your shitting habits. 

God, that's good. 

If only someone had made that joke before.

Edited by Steve Justice

3 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

I'm not attributing blame to one or the other. I'm struggling with the ethics because they've both done/are doing things that are ethically/professionally right and wrong.

This isn't a black and white situation where one party is fully to blame.

It's not difficult to understand and accept why someone would do one thing, but also be annoyed at the manner in which they're conducting themselves in another. 

You make passive aggressive and snipey comments and it comes across as though you're fishing for a reaction.

I wasn't fishing at all. Your post was a fucking mess. Just like this one quoted. It isn't a black and white situation but apparently Ozil is extorting the club? OK pal...

And I made that remark to Mim as he's a really good poster, and his joke was a bit shit. In jest. You know, not seriously at all?

Your post was utterly confusing and contradicted itself every other sentence. 

Anyway, I'll leave you to cry/be angry at Ozil/Arsenal/Gazidis/Kroenke/whoever you're blaming today. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Steve Justice said:

I am struggling with the ethics of this

That's your main problem. There is no ethics in football. Teams are prepared to circumvent rules to sign children to contracts. Teams are owned by Middle Eastern princes with dubious human rights records, Russian oligarchs with dubious business practices, and Daniel Levy. The top clubs hoover up players to stop other teams getting them, usually on over inflated wages. Financial fair play is something teams look to creatively account for, and leagues and organisations only really care if the creativity of the accounting draws undue attention. 

Then the teams themselves are usually sponsored by one of those bastions of ethics, a bookmaker, and that is just a few ethically dubious things of the top of my head. Yet you seem to expect Ozil to do the right thing and move on for less money to help the team you support. Ozil is at least been honest about the situation. He won't move for less money. You at least have to give him credit for that, but to expect ethics in football is where your problems lie Steve. 

6 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Teams are owned by Middle Eastern princes with dubious human rights records, Russian oligarchs with dubious business practices, and Daniel Levy.

I love the current trend of "Our owners are well more ethicer than yours", as if every top flight team (and some lower) aren't owned by massive fucking tax cheats, and business people of dubious practices.

I have a friend who says the day Spurs are bought by "rich owners" will be the day he stops supporting them. I think he think's we're currently a charity.

• Paid Members

I put Daniel Levy because I knew you would bite if I mentioned him. Do us all a favour bacon and put the internet down and go for a walk or something. 

Reading through your posts Steve your argument seemed to me to be "Ozil is a footballer, he isn't going to play football at Arsenal anymore, ethically he should go and play football somewhere else because he is a footballer. He shouldn't just collect his wages, he should move away to play football whatever he gets paid"

If I've read you wrong my apologies.