Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

If Watford weren't already my least favourite Premier League club, they are now. What a shambles. When you're sacking so many managers, first thing to do would be take a very long, hard look at yourselves (the owners, I mean). More generally, I don't know what Watford are supposed to be. From the outside looking in, they appear to be a totally random bunch of players, thrown together, with no identity or style. Not sure you can have an identity with that level of managerial turnover. They bring nothing. Ugly kit, ugly ground...just uuggh. I'd be happy to see them plummet, as other clubs have done in the past. Wouldn't mind seeing Bournemouth go either. Not that Villa deserve to stay up, but I have more time for them as a club. With a bit of luck, Brentford will make it. Something different. West Brom or Fulham will most likely continue to yo-yo again & that's getting stale too. Fortunately for me, Preston tailed off. I'd fear for them, as I would for most aspiring Championship clubs at the moment. I think I heard that the promoted clubs are to be disadvantaged by £8m, in comparison to previous seasons. The transfer window's gonna be a mess and with no prospect of fans returning in numbers, gate receipts are fucked. Don't know how TV rights are likely to pan out. Presumably conractual obligations are in place, but are people going to subscribe (or whatever) to watch matches. I can't even be arsed with the free stuff that's on currently. A bit like WWE, they literally can't even give it away. Pleased to see once mighty Leeds back where they belong though. Didn't know Bielsa could actually smile.

Yep, 5.7 million watched Man City v Southampton on the BBC. A record for most watched Premier League game. Previous record was 4.3 million for the 2012 Manchester derby on Sky. The Liverpool derby also had 5.5 million viewers on Pick & Sky Sports.

• Paid Members

Urgh. Beating Liverpool and City in the same week, only to then lose to Villa is the most Arsenal thing I can think of.

Villa were good value for the win and we lacked any real creativity, something that needs addressing in the summer. 

Still at least Watford might go down now. Every cloud. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

What's the matter lads, I thought you'd both be out celebrating St Totteringhams Day, no?

Will that be the "all" part of the Amazon documentary? 

10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Cue all those weird Ozil fanboys after Arteta's blood

Saw a fair few on Twitter last night. I understand the frustration, given how much of an asset a motivated Ozil could be, but there's clearly a problem there that isn't down to Arteta, Emery seemed to have the same issue which suggests it's on the player's side of things. I just want him to go now, but it's the club's own stupid fault for giving him that mega contract and you can't fault Ozil for sticking around and getting paid what he's owed. Fucking Ivan Gazidis. 

32 minutes ago, mim731 said:

God, that's good. 

If only someone had made that joke before.

Anyway enough about the bang average London sides in the Premier League, and onto the West London sides in the Championship.

I just know West Brom are going to steamroll QPR tonight, leaving Brentford to battle through the play offs.

What I hope doesn't happen is they get another bad result tonight and carry that into them, coupled with being so close to automatic promotion which could affect their mentality.

I am absolutely buzzing for tonight. Watching it on zoom with some family as well. 

34 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Saw a fair few on Twitter last night. I understand the frustration, given how much of an asset a motivated Ozil could be, but there's clearly a problem there that isn't down to Arteta, Emery seemed to have the same issue which suggests it's on the player's side of things. I just want him to go now, but it's the club's own stupid fault for giving him that mega contract and you can't fault Ozil for sticking around and getting paid what he's owed. Fucking Ivan Gazidis. 

Yes you can. He's a football player who's not playing football. He doesn't exactly need the money, and it's not like he'd be on shit wages if he went elsewhere. He's clearly not fussed about playing football otherwise he'd make the effort or move on. It was dumb of the club to give him that deal, but that's all hindsight. He holds all the cards and is holding the club to ransom. He's behaving like a complete dickhead.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

He's behaving like a complete dickhead.

By honoring the contract he signed? Unless he's breached the terms of it he's well within his rights to collect the wages he's earning. It's 100% on the club for stupidly offering him such a lucrative contract with no break clause. We've been lumbered with him because of poor management. 

• Paid Members

Feels weird having the Championship season end mid-week.

Not expecting to do much celebrating as a Barnsley supporter. No doubt the annual Barnsley/Rotherham division swap will be confirmed tonight. Only thing positive out of it would be if Brentford end up in the top 2. It shows that using their system does indeed work, despite the complete fuck up the so called "Billionaire" owners at Oakwell have made of it...

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

By honoring the contract he signed? Unless he's breached the terms of it he's well within his rights to collect the wages he's earning. It's 100% on the club for stupidly offering him such a lucrative contract with no break clause. We've been lumbered with him because of poor management. 

He is well within his rights to collect the wages as determined by his contract, but do you think there's honour in resting on his laurels and collecting a bit fat pay cheque and making little to no effort to play to the standards he's capable of playing? He was given that deal because he has outstanding ability, but he's not honouring the deal with his performances. We've made attempts to sell him, but he doesn't want to go because he'd rather have the extra cash than play football. He's no longer a footballer, he's a mercenary.

If selling him on was going to send him in to poverty, you would understand him wanting to stay just for the money. But it isn't. He'd still earn huge amount of money elsewhere.

We've not been lumbered with him just because of poor management, but because he's not performing as he can and should. Earn the money you've been given. 

And it's not just his performances on the pitch that have declined, but his attitude in training too. This isn't the behaviour of someone who has had a dip in quality, it's the behaviour of someone acting like a dickhead.

1 hour ago, Steve Justice said:

Yes you can. He's a football player who's not playing football. He doesn't exactly need the money, and it's not like he'd be on shit wages if he went elsewhere. He's clearly not fussed about playing football otherwise he'd make the effort or move on. It was dumb of the club to give him that deal, but that's all hindsight. He holds all the cards and is holding the club to ransom. He's behaving like a complete dickhead.

I love how all football fans get a little bit Tory when a player on good money refuses to fuck himself over for the good of his mega rich employers. He’s not breaching his contract is he? How do you know he doesn’t need the money? I’m with the contracted labourer on this one. 

Same with Bale but more so because he’s welsh and Real Madrid are super cunts.