Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

Exactly. I was thinking of that exact same example. Remember that Spain vs Chile world cup match where it was just Spain knocking it about for the last 40 minutes? Fuck me, give me Stoke shit housing and hoofing it any day.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Spain OTOH, was like watching a Lance Storm vs Zack Sabre Jr iron man match in black and white.

I'm with you there. Spain when they won the Euros in 2012 were unbearable to watch (in contrast to the 2008 side and to a lesser degree the 2010 side), well apart from the final. Del Bosque managed to suck the joy out of them and make them functional. 

• Paid Members

You couldn't make it up could you. He hates him so much that he wants him to catch a fucking virus by making him do extra training during isolation. Somewhere Luke Shaw is gulping a sigh of relief. 

• Paid Members
On 4/6/2020 at 1:19 AM, garynysmon said:

Personally I think the best World Cups in terms of kick off time are those in the Americas. I remember that for Brazil 2014 we had kick off times of something like 6pm, 8pm and 11pm which meant I didn't miss any due to work etc. Even in Europe there are always 3pm kick offs which can make it awkward and don't get me started on 2002. Fucking waste of a good tournament that was.

Echo the love for USA 94. The first World Cup I can properly remember, we had the wall chart up at primary school and everything and the headteacher insisting we filled it in as a class before any thought of some actual schoolwork

Japan 2002 was mental. I remember Brazil vs England kicking off at like 8am but you could still watch a match. USA 94 the matches were through the night. First one I think would have been 11pm.

Italia 90 was good for the kick off times. BBC had "Nessum Dorma". ITV had the lovely Rod Argent & Peter Van Hooke "Tutti Al Mondo" as it's theme. Kind of a forgotten World Cup theme....

Love the wee bit of fast drumming at the end of things they used to do.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

It's funny how you remember games with iffy kick off times. I remember watching one of Englands group games in school (98 world cup) as it must have kicked off at 2pm or 3pm. How they allowed us to watch this I'll never know.

World Cup 2002 the Brazil game I remember watching before work in our canteen and them allowing us to start work later/work through lunch/finish later. I'm sure on that day the Tube was empty as most of the nation stayed at home. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members
On 3/27/2020 at 10:31 PM, Cousin Jim Bob said:

I remember when I first moved to Liverpool in 2000. First the disappointment on how shit the TV reception was and how I was getting S4C in perfect picture but no ch4 or Five. Then I discovered Sgorio. I think they had La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga highlight rights at the time. It was fucking amazing.

There's an S4C programme at 9pm on Friday looking back at 30 years of Sgorio. Its been on before but really good. (With subtitles for you lot over Offa's Dyke)