Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Any mention of USA '94 requires a compulsory reference to John Aldridge screaming "YOU TWAT!!!!!!" broadcast across the screens of the nation at about half four on a school day afternoon. 

• Paid Members

Fond memories of USA 94 and I'm glad England weren't in it as it was my first major tournament after really getting into football. I could just enjoy it for what it was, without the heartbreak of losing a penalty shootout. Me and my older brother watched the vast majority of games on Eurosport I think.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

The 94 World Cup is the Sable and Marc Mero v Goldust and Luna from WrestleMania 14, change my mind. 

Bulgaria v Germany and Romania v Argentina are Bret v Owen and HBK v Razor from Mania 10. Al Owairan's goal against Belgium is Austin winning the belt off Michaels. Roberto Baggio is Mr WrestleMania. 

Alright, the final is Trips v Jericho from 18 but you can't have everything. 

3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Bulgaria v Germany and Romania v Argentina are Bret v Owen and HBK v Razor from Mania 10. Al Owairan's goal against Belgium is Austin winning the belt off Michaels. Roberto Baggio is Mr WrestleMania. 

Alright, the final is Trips v Jericho from 18 but you can't have everything. 

Diana Ross = Pete Rose? (Wasn't part of the main attraction but provided much hilarity)

9 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Fond memories of USA 94 and I'm glad England weren't in it as it was my first major tournament after really getting into football. I could just enjoy it for what it was, without the heartbreak of losing a penalty shootout. Me and my older brother watched the vast majority of games on Eurosport I think.

State of this fucking hipster.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

I've got some games from Eurosport. Bloody Statto providing atrocious commentary from his bedroom for most of them.

Think I read recently that he only accepted the Fantasy Football job if he could keep his Eurosport job.

Fond memories of summers when I was young going round Europe with my Dad every week (he was a long distance lorry driver), and us always stopping in the same Belgian truck stop so I could watch Eurogoals every Monday night. Think this might've been commentated on by him as well.

• Moderators

Goalissimo is better. Having the rights to fuck all so just showing a photo still slowly zooming in of Robinho celebrating a goal as a heartbeat percussion played. 

Or Sgorio in the 90s which had the rights to fucking everything and was in Welsh. 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I've got some games from Eurosport. Bloody Statto providing atrocious commentary from his bedroom for most of them.

My memory of Statto on EuroSport is that he had a bet on how many yellow and red cards there would be in France 98 (like over 25 or something), and Fantasy Football played clips of him obviously wishing a booking through on commentary.

"Got to think that's a red, you have to ask how many times the referee can allow fouls like this to continue."

Totally washing away any credibility for a few quid.

I remember when I first moved to Liverpool in 2000. First the disappointment on how shit the TV reception was and how I was getting S4C in perfect picture but no ch4 or Five. Then I discovered Sgorio. I think they had La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga highlight rights at the time. It was fucking amazing.