Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Italia 90 was fucking atrocious. It was so bad, they changed rules to ensure football was never that shit again. 

France 98 I have the fondest memories of, but that's more down to nostalgia and I think the last two World Cups are easily the best I've watched. 

Edited by PunkStep

• Moderators

France 98 was a great tournament from my point of view. France tend to host really good tournaments, like Euro 2016 for example - which is generally agreed upon as the finest football tournament in history. 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Speaking of forgotten clubs people played for, I always get a laugh when people try to claim Steve Bull as a Hereford legend when he played 6 games for us at the end of his career. 

But did he score a goal against Liverpool that simultaneously gave one of their players liquid testicles? If so he can still be considered a legend, as per the Casiraghi Ruling of 1999.

1982 World Cup was the best for me, Clive. Young Keith has seen nothing like it and didn’t realise football could be played this way. It was other worldly!  Obviously I grew out of that and proper football won, but I can only imagine the same eye opener would be a youngster being lucky enough to have the Euro 2016 as their introduction to football. 

• Paid Members

1994 is a ridiculously under-rated World Cup. Either because England didn't qualify or the games being on late at night is my guess but it's rarely mentioned and it was a belter. Particularly the knock out stage.

1990 is probably still my favourite. Objectively, I know it's atrocious, but its complete nostalgic heaven. The first tournament where I was utterly engrossed from weeks before, watched every possible minute and loved the wave of optimism that built as England progressed.

1998 is the complete World Cup. The kick off times were ideal, though England v Tunisia at 3pm on a working day was probably a nightmare for many, there were tons of great games, the best players in the world were out in force and there were notable stories galore. Brilliant stuff.

In retrospect, 82 and 86 were very good too but I'm too young for 82 and I pretty much only remember collecting the Kinder toys and Panini stickers for 86!