The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Is Prime out of favour with the kids now? I keep seeing it at a reduced price in multiple shops, even Home Bargains.

As the parent of a 10yo I can categorically tell you no it isn't out of favour at all ffs.

The hype has of course died down and I think the widespread availability is due to it being mass produced over here now or something but no, the kids still go mental for it, the little idiots.

It's fine. It's too sweet by far, but maybe that's just me being old and shouting at clouds.

• Paid Members

It’s a shame they tied their flag to the mast of the Damage CTRL split so long ago - Naomi turning heel and winning the belt for the Bloodline would have been fun right about now. Plus when Sasha comes back eventually (as she’s admitted she wants to one day) it makes a fun “who’s side will she pick” if former tag partner Naomi is a heel and BFF Bayley is a face.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Is Prime out of favour with the kids now? I keep seeing it at a reduced price in multiple shops, even Home Bargains.

I recently bought one for my daughters 12 year old brother, at one point he was collecting all the bottles. I handed it to him in public and he quickly hid it inside his jacket whilst worryingly telling me that Prime is cringe. 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

I recently bought one for my daughters 12 year old brother, at one point he was collecting all the bottles. I handed it to him in public and he quickly hid it inside his jacket whilst worryingly telling me that Prime is cringe. 

I’ve read this at least 10 times and I think I’m missing something because surely your daughters 12 year old brother would be your son?

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’ve read this at least 10 times and I think I’m missing something because surely your daughters 12 year old brother would be your son?

The daughters mother had a boy from a different relationship is how I read it. 

39 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

The youth are confusing. How is an energy drink cringe 

41 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Hiding what they love in public for fear of ridicule. Proper wrestling fan.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Not necessarily Scorchers. I think a lot of people leave out the step and the half before siblings or children. For example I've spoken to two of my brothers today. One is my full brother and the other is my half brother (same dad different mum)and I'd never refer to either as anything but my brother. 

4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I had two sisters who had a different Dad to me (they both had the same Dad) and I have never ever referred to them as anything other than my sisters. 

But it’s different calling someone your son when his actual dad is still in his life. 

• Paid Members

Considering what a massacre it could have been, that was easily Seth's best night in this feud thus far.

He still looks and feels like a custom character in a WWE2K cutscene, completely out of place amongst the proper stars, but you could at least see the intent to give him some much-needed credibility. You wonder at what cost though. There's no denying it feels big-time and hot as hell, but all these moving parts seems to be inadvertantly cooling Cody off. Between teaming up with such a loser geek, with so much time and energy put into trying to raise Seth's profile, combined with The Rock turning it up to eleven and overshadowing everyone? Cody's been left in the dust. A storyline built entirely around him, and yet he's feeling like the odd one out!

It probably won't matter in the long run and all will be right in the world when the fireworks go off and Cody raises the belt, but it's still fascinating to watch. The deal with The Rock in particular. If I didn't know better, I'd think he took everyone turning on him to heart, so has switched it on to such a level just to fuck everyone over and prove his worth. Considering the lazy material he's delivered the past decade plus, it's crazy how quickly he's turned it around and is now delivering like no-one in forever. Even the fucking entrance! That was phenomenal. He looked like the biggest star of all time. After that, Roman should have just handed his belt over to The Rock. Point proven, mate. You are the best.

Only other thing to mention on this show is how dog shit Karrion Kross is. Just a lumbering, useless lump.  Worst finisher going, too. First half the move with the pump handle doesn't even make sense. He's the dirt worst. Fuck knows what Hunter sees in him.