All Elite Wrestling trademarks filed

MPDTT

Oh my word. Imagine signing Dean Ambrose who should seem like a big deal as a former world champion from WWE part of their biggest faction of the last 10 years and someone who for me has a tonne of untapped potential only to put him into a program with Jimmy Havoc haha

13 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Oh my word. Imagine signing Dean Ambrose who should seem like a big deal as a former world champion from WWE part of their biggest faction of the last 10 years and someone who for me has a tonne of untapped potential only to put him into a program with Jimmy Havoc haha

The same guy who did death matches in CZW, doing hardcore matches again against Penta, Havoc et al and putting himself over as a legit badass...

giphy.gif

Then you put him up against Cody, Hangman, Kenny Omega. You rush it then you've essentially blown all that potential. WWEs "now, now, now" booking philosophy has messed up the whole dynamic of wrestling booking. You instantly put Dean in a program with say Kenny where does he go next?. Or he comes in as a babyface, you have four guys going for the #1 spot. Him coming in as like his old Jon Moxley gimmick where he wants to fight his way up the ranks would be much better, in my opinion anyway.

Or you put him against Havoc and hope that Havoc learns something in the process, and you then put him in higher profile matches down the line. That’s not a knock on Havoc, he’s perfectly acceptable when doing the deathmatch style, but if your wanting him to be anything other than a weapons & plunder Guy, he needs to work ‘normal’ matches with guys proficient in that style

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Putting ambrose against Havoc would work as a death match squash, Havoc would take all the hard bumps and let’s ambrose look like a killer. And neither loses anything in that kinda match as Havoc looks good in battered and blood defeat 

Yuka Sakazaki is definitely a name that was low on my list of wrestlers that AEW would be looking at. Actually if I'm being honest, no one in TJW was even on my mind.

For anyone wondering, Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling is DDT's Joshi promotion (it's not quite as mental as DDT these days) that has gained quite a lot of momentum over the last year or so. Surprised to see that they have seemingly made an agreement with another promotion.

I don't think she (along with most of the TJW roster) has much if any experience outside of DDT. So it'll be interesting to see how she goes over in a new environment. I'm guessing that if she (and well, AEW itself) does well it means more TJW wrestlers eventually making the trip.

If you look at the guys in charge and their history/presumed connections it's a fair bet that you'll see a few faces from DDT/TJW. I assume that Kenny is still in their good graces and I can't imagine they'd sniff at the exposure. Also if one thing is an easy sell to wrestling fans it's cute Japanese lasses lamping people.

Yuka Sakazaki has done at least one overseas trip to Chikara as part of one of the King of Trios tournaments. Although again, that's a fairly receptive audience for what she'd bring.

I've been fairly quiet about AEW, but I'm fairly optimistic about it all. I'm interested in how cohesive it'll be as a product in that listening to what's coming out their mouths it feels like it could be a mad buffet of things without much connective tissue.

Also, dunno if it's been mentioned elsewhere, Rey Fenix had to be stretchered out of a show last night. That could be a big hit to their plans for Double or Nothing and is just a bit rubbish in general. Fenix is a hell of a talent. 

2 hours ago, Louch said:

Putting ambrose against Havoc would work as a death match squash, Havoc would take all the hard bumps and let’s ambrose look like a killer. And neither loses anything in that kinda match as Havoc looks good in battered and blood defeat 

Does former WWE champion Dean Ambrose squashing a guy who looks like he works part time in Lush elevate him in any way though? Not for me. Havoc looks like a guy any credible wrestler SHOULD be squashing.

3 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Does former WWE champion Dean Ambrose squashing a guy who looks like he works part time in Lush elevate him in any way though? Not for me. Havoc looks like a guy any credible wrestler SHOULD be squashing.

If anything, working in Lush would to Havoc’s advantage. He can sell Ambrose a few bath bombs, the scruffy git

• Paid Members

This is a fun hype video.

The more I think about it, the more Pac stands out as their best acquisition by a condierable margin. He'd been gone so long that I'd forgotten how great his run as Cruiserweight champion was. That promo he cut on Adam Page brought it all back. The lad's the full package. I'd make him champion and have guys like Omega and (hopefully) Ibushi chase him.

5 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

If anything, working in Lush would to Havoc’s advantage. He can sell Ambrose a few bath bombs, the scruffy git

That's how the fued starts, Ambrose comes out on TV the next week covered in glitter that won't come off.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

What kind of cesspit do you live in where a guy who looks like Jimmy Havoc works at Lush?!

Ah, Southampton. Well that explains everything.