If you could appear on any game show...

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

Past or present, which one would it be?

Kids shows count because, while there was never anyone I wanted to gunge that much on GYOB, Fun House really would have been a whole lot of fun.

There were several Winton-hosted shows in the 90s that I’d have loved to have a go at. Supermarket Sweep’s the obvious, and our dog / guinea pig / goldfish would have taken the nation by storm on Pets Win Prizes.

But the big one, the dream, was this fella

AA8837BC-1DB3-4E37-8DF6-33D161341858.jpeg.6e59f15a6979865437be50cd228c3ab4.jpeg

I so wanted to play my cards right on Play Your Cards Right. My sister and I even used to play it at home with a pack of playing cards. Higher! Lower! Sod your Generation Game, this was Brucey’s finest hour.

These days, I wouldn’t mind giving Pointless a go and if they ever brought back on the Wall that’d be fun... but if PYCR made a comeback... I’m there.

How about you?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I know Jim Davidson is a pillock, but this was my favourite show as a kid. I stll love the Snooks to this day and was lucky enough to actually work on some coverage of it recently. Virgo was the first snooker personality in the building I saw and I couldn’t help but smile and think back to when I used to love his bonkers waistcoats and trick shots on Big Break. 

3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Finders Keepers. What person wouldn't want to absolutely mess up an entire house???

I thought you meant the far superior Stilgoe show.  There was another theme with Neil Tennant on vocals but this was the best one.

Just now, PowerButchi said:

15 to 1. The proper one with WIlliam G. Stewart. As Houchen once called it on TWCF "The Wrestlemania of Quizzes". No gimmicks, just knowledge.

Also, best bass line as introducing contestants.

This is game shows though, as you rightly state, it was a quiz.  The lezzer Gladstone Small version is like a fucking game show though.

Archived