Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

3 hours ago, LCJ said:

Seeing stories on the BBC News website such as "Prince Harry gets his beard rubbed". That is an actual story on the site today.

I originally followed BBC news on Twitter and quickly unfollowed after getting hot shite like this regularly regurgitated. It's just not news; more reason why the beeb has gone to shite.

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

But was it a bigger story than ‘Megan closes a car door’

Definitely not. Was an absolute travesty that nobody closed the car door for her. The BBC and the Royals. Worth every penny. Apparently.

“Cool” wrestling fans who slag off “uncool” wrestling fans with really “cool” nicknames like “neckbeards” and “demwanz” not realising they look silly.

corrected. 

To many inverted commas annoy me as well.

Edited by Porkchopcash

There was a joke in an episode of ‘Phoenix Nights’ in which a shocked Brian Potter exclaims “Woah woah-woah WOAH... sweet child of mine!”.

I liked that joke.

Various people I work with liked it too but seemingly don’t get it, and it drives me bonkers. Four “woah”s done in a certain cadence before saying Sweet Child of Mine is essential, to replicate the chorus of the Guns N Roses song.

But a few people I work with instinctively say “Sweet Child of Mine” after anyone says “Woah” for any reason. That’s not how the joke worked you bastards.

The reaction would not be favourable if I attempted to address this in the workplace, so I’m pleased this topic came up and I can get it off my chest.

Axl Rose is an uncle, he has two nephews and a shananananananiece, niece.  

EDIT - Should that go:-

He's an uncle

Axl is an uncle

Got a nephew and a

Shananananananiece, niece.

Edited by Keith Houchen
You're gonna DIEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUAAAHHH

• Paid Members

Sounds like he's a "No thanks, I'll stay on my own" character which isn't as bad as bastards who are in the fucking tea run but don't make one. Years ago, we had a vending machine in the obvious so the "run" consisted of just pressing buttons a few times and carrying the drinks back and we still had a knob who'd never go.

28 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Booooooooo!

Sorry just don't get it...well I do but just don't buy into it.

26 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Sounds like he's a "No thanks, I'll stay on my own" character which isn't as bad as bastards who are in the fucking tea run but don't make one. Years ago, we had a vending machine in the obvious so the "run" consisted of just pressing buttons a few times and carrying the drinks back and we still had a knob who'd never go.

I look at it this way.

I only like a drink when I want it, so one day I might love a cup of tea every hour and on another day I might not quite fancy it so from a 'I'm a lazy bastard point of view' I would much rather just get it as & when I like it rather than either being forced to have one or even worse making them. I would also probably get pissed off if people were in on the runs but dodging it*

*Which is why I also hate doing the rounds in the pub, its fine between a few of you (3-4) but in bigger groups there is always one or two sneaky bastards that take advantage and dodge it when its there turn. 

I just prefer doing things as & when I want them really, it probably makes me come across as miserable but I find participating in these things quite awkward. Don't get me wrong I may on occasion at work offer to grab some drinks but don't like it being a forced thing.

• Paid Members

I'm sat at a lone table in a row of about 10 in a pub having a wonderful pint after a busy day. Four people have sat on the table immediately next to me and have proceeded to have a loud and boring conversation. Why? We are sitting in a veritable forest of free tables, why that one next to me?

Edited by Gus Mears