Trivial Things That Annoy You...

Michael_3165

• Paid Members

This one is really petty but I used to work with a woman who'd always bring breakfast in a tupperware. If it was cereal, she's walk from her desk to the kitchen shaking the fucking thing like maracas. If it was yoghurt, she'd walk from the kitchen to her desk tapping on the lid with the spoon. Drove me mental.

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

This one is really petty but I used to work with a woman who'd always bring breakfast in a tupperware. If it was cereal, she's walk from her desk to the kitchen shaking the fucking thing like maracas. If it was yoghurt, she'd walk from the kitchen to her desk tapping on the lid with the spoon. Drove me mental.

You're a more self-controlled man than I if you managed to resist grabbing her by the hips and conga-ing. 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

2) The anticipation faces on a person as they are about to eat/drink soup off a spoon. Extra cunt points if the spoon clanks against their teeth.

I never bite the spoon because that really irritates me but I reckon I'd fit the first one. I eat every spoonful of hot soup (and porridge) like I'm scared to death of it!

People who have to vocalise their yawns.

Every.

Single.

Time.

And then expect a reaction from you, as if their gaping, overly audible maw has opened an irresistible conversation about how tired they are, and how wonderfully novel and fascinating that is.

We get it. We're just not blown away by it.

Especially if we've missed dialogue on the telly because they couldn't just keep a simple yawn to themselves for once.

11 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Sorry, but he 'angered' and 'embarrassed' you because he asked you to sign a time sheet then wasn't interested in the reasons why you wouldn't? What a monster. Can I take my assumption a stage further, if you can't sign the sheet then who can? Would it be your boss, giving him reason to go to him to get it signed, then is asked why you didn't sign it he says you aren't a team player. 

The shouting and pointing later, yes that's out of line but you don't really go into how this starts, and what he is shouting at you. And, again, the minute you fired back you crossed a line. Doesn't matter that he'd already crossed it, this isn't wrestling you aren't the aggrieved baby face making a comeback. You're being abusive to someone and there's no justification for that in the workplace.

He's clearly a bit of an alpha male bully or at best a strong personality with self awareness issues but you aren't the hero of this story and the both of you clearly trigger each other.

I never claimed to be a hero.

How interesting that you never mentioned the part about me getting physically threatened? At no point have i ever threatened anyone at work, it was at the point he threatened me that i believe the argument was won & he should have come clean & faced the consequences of his actions.

That was after you retaliated verbally, so at that point you're both in the wrong. The fact that you think there's a 'winner' here demonstrates that you do see yourself as the good guy/hero in the narrative when in actual fact you're both at fault, him more so but you definitely so.

58 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

That was after you retaliated verbally, so at that point you're both in the wrong. The fact that you think there's a 'winner' here demonstrates that you do see yourself as the good guy/hero in the narrative when in actual fact you're both at fault, him more so but you definitely so.

I think the point here is that you are allowed to argue with people at work. You are not allowed to threaten people. He broke the law, i did not.