When did Macaroni cheese become Mac and Cheese?

PowerButchi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's the slow decent into us becoming mini-America. I pin point it as starting in 1995, but that's mainly because a load of people from our High School went over on an exchange trip New York and came back calling McDonalds 'Maccie D's' 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I reckon it started before then

I'm from North Wales, i'm shocked they let such worldly ideas seep in, even then.

Unless you mean the use of the word High School. North Wales uses primary school, Junior School and High School...because we're special

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

There two will always boggle my mind and I'm glad they saw sense and changed them back (unless they were marketing campaigns so in that case I'm a fool who fell for the bait);

There was a huge celebration yesterday that Heinz have binned plans to change Salad Cream to Sandwich Cream. It was even on the front page of the Daily Star. I'm convinced that was a genius marketing campaign rather than a real idea.

I say Mac and Cheese. Probably picked it up from Friends. Not that I every have much occassion to say Mac and Cheese. In fact, this is the most I've thought about it for yonks.

Anyone who calls biscuits "cookies" is a dick - unless talking about the ones branded as cookies. Another hideous Americanism.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, chokeout said:

It's the slow decent into us becoming mini-America. I pin point it as starting in 1995, but that's mainly because a load of people from our High School went over on an exchange trip New York and came back calling McDonalds 'Maccie D's' 

Do they even call it Maccie D's in America? I always assumed it was a British thing.

Archived