When did Macaroni cheese become Mac and Cheese?

PowerButchi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

There two will always boggle my mind and I'm glad they saw sense and changed them back (unless they were marketing campaigns so in that case I'm a fool who fell for the bait);

[Pasta Hut]

[Choco Krispies]

The latest one is Dunkin' Donuts phasing into just Dunkin', because they sell more coffee than doughnuts.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, chokeout said:

It's the slow decent into us becoming mini-America. I pin point it as starting in 1995, but that's mainly because a load of people from our High School went over on an exchange trip New York and came back calling McDonalds 'Maccie D's'Ā 

I have about 95 in my head when people in my school for some reason were saying "you can't wear your trackies in Maccies." I've long lamented being unpopular at school but I've realized it's because I was outnumbered by utter morons.

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Ā 

Anyone who calls biscuits "cookies" is a dick - unless talking about the ones branded as cookies. Another hideous Americanism.

How the fuck do they distinguish cookies from other biscuits?? Of course to them, a biscuit is a savoury scone.

The one I hate is how house drinking has to be branded "pre drinks" if you're going out afterwards. Not sure why but the youth do it and I don't like it.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

There was a huge celebration yesterday that Heinz have binned plans to change Salad Cream to Sandwich Cream. It was even on the front page of the Daily Star. I'm convinced that was a genius marketing campaign rather than a real idea.

Yes, absolutely. It was the Brexiteerā€™sĀ IHOP > IHOB > IHOP again.

• Paid Members

As a nipper, I was taught to call it cheese and macaroni. It wasn't until I was older and saw it written in tins in the supermarket that I realised something was amiss.

I've never called it mac and cheese though, that's a step too far.

With regards to McDonalds, the first time I heard it called something else was by some Americans, but they said Mickie D's, and I had no idea what they were talking about.Ā 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

"Can I get" instead of "Can I have" when ordering pisses me off, don't know if it is but seems like an Americanism too far.

Edit - And its take away, not takeout. Cop yourself onĀ 

Ā 

Fucks me off no end. It just sounds rude as fuck to me...

Archived