Nasty Boy John Lydon

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Is he ill? That's a hell of a lot of weight he's put on in what seems like a short space of time.

I think i read somewhere that he was ill. Also nearly blind.

A legendary performer that i have been lucky enough to see a good few times. I saw him in June this year & he still put in a blistering performance.  From what i gathered about the article, Lydon got off a plane looking tired/fat/old/grumby? Exactly the same as i would do (without the charisma).

11 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

I think i read somewhere that he was ill. Also nearly blind.

Same as what I've heard.

That won't stop the media ripping him to pieces though. If he dropped dead tomorrow they'd all be punting a "free" tribute magazine with their publications though, no doubt. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Hasn't Lydon been yo-yoing with his weight for years now?

I'm sure a few years ago he was celebrating his weight loss.

Aye. He was looking quite trim last year, after piling on a lot of weight when I saw PiL in 2015.

This is definitely the fattest he's ever looked, though.

• Paid Members

Am I imagining this or did Lydon do a spot at the Comedy Awards years ago and make a complete arse of himself? I remember him trying to be funny and it falling really flat, including using fake glasses and/or teeth. It was cringe-levels of bad.

I think it was the same awards show where they were running out of time, which lead to one of the hosts cutting off Chico 'Chico Time' Slimani (in the middle of another cringe-worthy spiel) with a harsh "I think it's actually twenty minutes past Chico time...". Oof.

So whilst the Sex Pistols should bring up images of a young Rotten and Vicous and rousing singalongs to 'Pretty Vacant', my first thought is always him acting the knob on telly along with fucking Chico.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Am I imagining this or did Lydon do a spot at the Comedy Awards years ago and make a complete arse of himself? I remember him trying to be funny and it falling really flat, including using fake glasses and/or teeth. It was cringe-levels of bad.

If this is the thing you're thinking of (and it's hard to imagine him being asked back), hilariously, it's just his real teeth and glasses.

Archived