Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I thought Hogan was the Babe Ruth? Cena's had a pretty extensive career, but nowhere near as long as Hogan's yet, surely?

Typical WWE hyperbole. Its always been the case that whatever's happening now is the biggest/brightest/best thing ever.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, garynysmon said:

Typical WWE hyperbole. Its always been the case that whatever's happening now is the biggest/brightest/best thing ever.

That's how it should be but it isn't. They've spent the past 15 years telling us everything that came before is wonderful and bringing back anyone from that era anytime they could. This is the same company who just told us on their flagship TV show that their flagship TV show is shit.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

That's how it should be but it isn't. They've spent the past 15 years telling us everything that came before is wonderful and bringing back anyone from that era anytime they could. This is the same company who just told us on their flagship TV show that their flagship TV show is shit.

On the flipside, even as a young teen at the time, the new generation era was full of cringeworthy moments when they tried to pretend that it was the best time ever despite filming weekly TV in high school gyms. I spent those years wondering when the proper stars were all coming back.  

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

On the flipside, even as a young teen at the time, the new generation era was full of cringeworthy moments when they tried to pretend that it was the best time ever despite filming weekly TV in high school gyms. I spent those years wondering when the proper stars were all coming back.  

Definitely the case. Or when WCW was dying and Schiavone would try and present everything as the greatest thing in the history of our sport. That's how it should be. Utter hyperbole. With WWE it's more a case of "Buy the network, see what it was like when we were great".

• Awards Moderator
28 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I thought Hogan was the Babe Ruth? Cena's had a pretty extensive career, but nowhere near as long as Hogan's yet, surely?

Cena's been with WWE for coming up to 20 years, that's longer than any of Hogan's runs. It's possible he's been with them longer than Hogan's runs put together, but I don't have the maths to prove that.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Cena's been with WWE for coming up to 20 years, that's longer than any of Hogan's runs. It's possible he's been with them longer than Hogan's runs put together, but I don't have the maths to prove that.

Ah, yeah - I guess that would make him WWE's Babe Ruth, rather than wrestling's in general. Cena's been with WWE proper for about 16 years, I think - debuted on the main roster roughly around 2003?