• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Pinc said:

Anyone dislike Caroline Aherne?

Yeah, me. Sorry. Mainly from the Fast Show days when she was part of the "I'll just do a no'thern accent in place of something actually funny" tribe with the likes of  Morwenna Banks and Jane Horrocks.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Carbomb said:

The Japanese reaction was never the problem

*Butch prepares his "human rights/bunch of racist bastards/capital punishment is bad enough but the way they do it..." high horse*

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

*Butch prepares his "human rights/bunch of racist bastards/capital punishment is bad enough but the way they do it..." high horse*

Hey, no argument there. Japan has a lot of great things about it, but its bad sides are atrocious. The incidence of racism is no worse than what's found in a lot of parts of east Asia, but the nature of it is more vicious and entrenched; when you've got an extreme right that still actually believes that the Japanese emperor is descended from the gods and that either Japan was completely justified in what it did during the War or that it didn't do anything at all and it was all made up by the Koreans and Chinese, and that extreme right has been pandered to by successive Japanese governments, all of whom except two have been formed by the same fucking party, it comes as less of a surprise.

On 8/1/2018 at 10:02 PM, Pinc said:

Anyone dislike Caroline Aherne?

Physically abusive towards Peter Hook. Gobshite that he is, I doubt that's something he'd have lied about after she died. 

• Paid Members

Michael Sheen? He's a lovely man, great actor, UNICEF ambassador, pays a team to actively campaign for social reform, turns up like a scruff bag and has every woman in the room swooning. 

Oh and Coppola is Cage's uncle, Chest. 

• Paid Members

I’ve read a few pages, and skimmed a couple.

If he hasn’t already by mentioned I’m saying the legend that is... John Thaw.

I love this man greatly. I love his acting, I love his general beliefs and view of the world and I was devastated when he died. It felt like a family member had passed.

He just seemed like a really good bloke.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Michael Sheen? He's a lovely man, great actor, UNICEF ambassador, pays a team to actively campaign for social reform, turns up like a scruff bag and has every woman in the room swooning. 

Oh and Coppola is Cage's uncle, Chest. 

Oh my bad! I always had that in my head and never thought to confirm it...

Archived