• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, StrongStyle said:

She's only a kid so it would be unfair to say I dislike her or anything like that, but I find the over-exposure of the Stranger Things kids grating and it's unnerving how they insist on behaving like or being perceived as adults.

Their over-exposure isn't really their fault and you're saying that their flawless behaviour is actually a reason to dislike them?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Their over-exposure isn't really their fault and you're saying that their flawless behaviour is actually a reason to dislike them?

Again, she is only a kid, so there is no reason to dislike her. I just roll my eyes when someone like Natalie Portman, one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood with a decent record of good films, says that she doesn't compare to Millie Bobby Brown. It's nonsensical.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, StrongStyle said:

Again, she is only a kid, so there is no reason to dislike her. I just roll my eyes when someone like Natalie Portman, one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood with a decent record of good films, says that she doesn't compare to Millie Bobby Brown. It's nonsensical.

Again, I don't see what's wrong with Portman saying that. It's not nonsensical at all. In fact, as a former child actress herself, I'd say she's in a better position to judge the talent and personality of Brown than almost any of the rest of us. I don't really see what looks have got to do with it.

• Paid Members

Portman's a good mention - anyone hate her?

Also, Ellen Page. Maybe Astro's love for her has faded since she came out as one of Les Biens, but apart from the horrendous Bible-bashers whose opinions don't count, I've not heard anything bad said about her.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Palestinians.

An tricky one, there. She's been very critical of Netanyahu, so she's not necessarily your standard Israeli supremacist like Gal Gadot is.

I also veto Millie Bobbie Brown, she was brilliant in the first series of Stranger Things, less so in the second series I felt and hasn't come across so great in the interviews I've read of hers. I feel a bit harsh saying that as she's only a teenager but she isn't universally liked.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

An tricky one, there. She's been very critical of Netanyahu, so she's not necessarily your standard Israeli supremacist like Gal Gadot is.

She's always going on about Benjamin Netanyahu, she needs to let it go, she's never going to meet him.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, deathrey said:

I also veto Millie Bobbie Brown, she was brilliant in the first series of Stranger Things, less so in the second series I felt and hasn't come across so great in the interviews I've read of hers. I feel a bit harsh saying that as she's only a teenager but she isn't universally liked.

She’s also very stage school-ey. Like she’s trying to hard when she’s been interviewed on talk shows whilst the rest, come across as much more normal and grounded. Dustin is the nicest by far

• Awards Moderator

I think I heard last year that Millie Bobbie Brown, at the age of 14, has set up her own production company. Now I’m not sure what level of business acumen you need to run your own production company but I’m fairly sure most 14 year olds don’t have it. And if it’s not actually her running it, why do it? An irrational annoyance at what might be a remarkable achievement or overreaching precociousness, but it did make me roll my eyes when I heard it.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I think I heard last year that Millie Bobbie Brown, at the age of 14, has set up her own production company. Now I’m not sure what level of business acumen you need to run your own production company but I’m fairly sure most 14 year olds don’t have it. And if it’s not actually her running it, why do it? An irrational annoyance at what might be a remarkable achievement or overreaching precociousness, but it did make me roll my eyes when I heard it.

I don't actually have a problem with that. More likely it's her parents and/or agent trying to utilise her current popularity to try to give her future career prospects. If they start now, she'll always have that company to fall back on, either in front of or behind the camera.

Archived