• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Great shout, I love Norm, have you read his book? It's one of the funniest things I've ever experienced.

No i haven't but you just moved it up on my list of priorities. One of the most captivating and hilarious guys walking on this planet.  

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This concept of not watching stuff because one of the actors in it does some hunting is bizarre to me. If you applied that approximate logic to everything you watched, read or listened to then you'd consume almost nothing. 

I think it especially easy to separate the art from the artist when it comes to actors. With musicians and writers it can be harder because they put so much of themselves into their work, and it is so apparent on the surface. That said, I appreciate that I have a line with these things, and most people have a line and it may be somewhere other than mine. I am sceptical when someone says that they can truly separate the art from the artist in all situations. It's a natural emotional reaction.

• Paid Members

The thing about TV and film is that they're usually large, collaborative efforts; the chances of any actor you disapprove of appearing in any movie or programme you watch is quite high. I can think of quite a few that have at least one actor I don't like (as a person) in the cast. Or someone involved in production.

2 hours ago, StrongStyle said:

Having already suggested John Candy, another late actor came to mind - does anyone have a bad word to say about Christopher Reeve? To me, he will forever be the only Superman worth bothering with and was born to play the role.

Sorry, I always found Christopher Reeves smarmy and annoying and didn't enjoy him particularly as Superman.

I went off Theroux a bit in his documentary on Saville after he was Yewtree'd. I'm not smart enough to put it into words, but it all felt a bit "Why didn't I, Louis Theroux, see this coming?"

It's not enough to make me hate him, or even really dislike him, but I found the whole thing a bit off-putting.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Did anyone end up disliking Louis Theroux on here? 

Is suggesting Rik Mayall cheating?

Rik Mayall goes without saying. I like Louis Theroux, but (while it was his best series) I didn;t like his faux naivete on Weird Weekends. But he did give us the most hilarious person on all time Lake Palmer, and possibly the nicest man of all time not called Frankie Crisp - Mike Oehler.

So Louis gets a Ten from Len.

Louis on Lake

Archived