Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

37 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

as per a comment I made in the Comic Book film thread about the excellent Teen Titans Go movie, The Dark Knight is an average film, elevated by Heath Ledger and is not the masterpiece it is claimed to be

I though that this was the common opinion held by people who aren't stupid enough to get "Why so serious?" Tattoos.

• Paid Members

Lifted from my thoughts in the Comic Movie/TV thread;

TDK has it's faults but it's still the best Batman film. Then again, I champion the likes of 'Long Halloween', 'Dark Victory' and 'Hush' as being in the top-tier of Batman stories so of course I would love TDK as it was heavily influenced by them.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The only world in which Jack Nicholson's joker can't be considered goofy as fuck is if you're comparing him to Caesar Romero.  I don't see how that film is any less silly than Returns.

I mean it is goofy because Joker always is. He's a clown in a film about fighting a man dressed as a Bat, but compared to Danny Devito living in the sewers with penguins it's quite straight laced.