PowerButchi

Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

1 hour ago, MungoChutney said:

That wasn't the debate. The issue was the idea that Rangers losing 4-3 to Spartak was a better result than Celtic beating Leipzig. Rubbish.

How could anyone argue that a loss is a better result than a win? The point was about performance.

Genuine question from someone who doesn’t follow the Scottish game - how is Gerrard thought of by the Rangers fans?

4 hours ago, MungoChutney said:

RB Leipzig, and Salzburg for that matter, are both Champions League level teams. 

Why are they playing in Europa then?

To be fair, they're both pretty decent teams but let's not go over the top. Also don't forget Leipzig were missing arguably their three most influential players in Werner, Forsberg and Poulsen against Celtic.

Edited by PunkStep

37 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

How could anyone argue that a loss is a better result than a win? The point was about performance.

Genuine question from someone who doesn’t follow the Scottish game - how is Gerrard thought of by the Rangers fans?

Point stands on performance as well. I'd day they're split. Most think he's doing well but a few think there are signs of inexperience at times.

32 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Why are they playing in Europa then?

To be fair, they're both pretty decent teams but let's not go over the top. Also don't forget Leipzig were missing arguably their three most influential players in Werner, Forsberg and Poulsen against Celtic.

Because of the way the system works? Obviously there are teams in Europa who are better than some of the teams in the CL. Both RB teams are examples of this in my view. 

2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I'd have hoped to have seen some better domestic results. Beating Celtic a few times would be good. He stands the fuck up for his players and the club though. I don't know. A mixed view. Maybe next season you will get a real good view of what he's been doing.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

On 11/9/2018 at 12:31 AM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Talk about pushy parents.

I'll be getting my coat now.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:19 PM, scratchdj said:

He’s given us a superb European run. In the league we aren’t far away from celtic which is progress. We have made a lot of budget range signings and you don’t get every game 7/10 from them, so a few blips in the 27 games I think we are at now will happen. You get the odd nutter giving it he’s shite like after the semi final loss to Aberdeen, but he’s doing far better than I expected of him, seems to be slowly learning from mistakes, and isn’t the it’s all about him egotistical twat I expected him to be as the massive whale of a name in the attention starved pond we have up here. Has also brought some players on with his coaching team, Making Morelos more consistent, and changing Journeymen like Andy Halliday from a player shipped off to Baku on loan last year, to someone who can In and play well in various games. I expected flash and splash the cash, so far we have understated and developing. Very strong start to me and 99.999999% of Rangers fans I know. The rest are the likes that warning labels on shampoo bottles are made for 

Must say, Gerrard has impressed me at Rangers. I fully expected him to fall flat on his face, what with the circus that the club's become, but he's generally managed to deal with what could've been a disastrous situation particularly well. Going forward, I would imagine he'll either sink catastrophically and get the sack or have the sense to duck out as soon as he gets a concrete offer from an established club down south.