Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Mark Hughes has been sacked. Good. Hopefully his days of managing to get a job at a struggling PL club are over and he can drop further down the football league, the miserable dull fucker.

:(

I love me some Mark Hughes. Local boy done great.

Eddie Howe really is doing a fantastic job this season isn't he? Despite apparently being battered for long periods of tonights game by Huddersfield (!!!), according to my Bournemouth supporting mate, tonight was another very decent performance that showed a different side of them, in that they can defend well when needed and weather the storm. If they can finish in the top 6, that will be an unreal achievement.

He's definitely destined for bigger things soon. Maybe the United job?

• Paid Members

Interesting little poll. What do you think?

Easy answer for me. The treble-winning United team. Individually and collectively brilliant. An achievement that may never be matched and more impressive than Arsenal's unbeaten season - though that will also take some matching.

I know it's all ifs and buts but that Man Utd team weren't dominant so it's a no from me.  They were seconds away from losing the Champions League, Needed two extra time games in the semi of the FA cup and won the league on the last day of the season because Arsenal threw it away a week or so before.  Sure, they still had to win them and it's an incredible thing to do, but they were three games removed from winning fuck all.

• Paid Members

It's really hard to look past this Man City side as the best ever, in my opinion of course. 100 points in a 38 game season is unreal, if I remember reading right it's the biggest ever tally in the top flight(even adjusting the totals from the 2 points for a win days).