Michael Bisping Appreciation Thread

Egg Shen

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone read his book? Worth getting?

Watched the BT sport documentary on him last week. Didn't tell us a great deal we didn't already know.Ā 

Started in Japanese Jujutsu. Great Dad used to drive him from Clitheroe to Nottingham for some sessions. Heard he boxed in Nottingham too, though not sure on the truth of that.Ā 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Donā€™t know when thisĀ is coming out but it seems thereā€™s a new Bisping documentary in the works.

I know thereā€™s been one or two already. That ā€˜My Destinyā€™ one by BT Sport (I think) a while backĀ was incredible. But now his fighting careerĀ is over Iā€™m down for the whole story being told in full. Thereā€™s so much to Bispingā€™s story -Ā before, during and after fighting - that I think a proper in depth doc is in order.Ā 

• Paid Members
On 6/27/2020 at 8:08 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Donā€™t know when thisĀ is coming out but it seems thereā€™s a new Bisping documentary in the works.

I know thereā€™s been one or two already. That ā€˜My Destinyā€™ one by BT Sport (I think) a while backĀ was incredible. But now his fighting careerĀ is over Iā€™m down for the whole story being told in full. Thereā€™s so much to Bispingā€™s story -Ā before, during and after fighting - that I think a proper in depth doc is in order.Ā 

Yeah, It's been filming for a good while now. I remember Bisping saying a few months back they've got the likes of GSP and Dana lined up for interviews. Hopefully somebody decent is making this because it's an incredible sports documentary if the people involved have talent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bisping and Hendo got into it last night on Twitter. All stemmed from Hendo having a pop at Bispingā€™s commentating and bringing up that it was the anniversary of the UFC 100 KO of doom. Bisping wasnā€™t amused.

D6-A14-FFB-60-F7-4666-B221-FC592-AA69-B8

26-C46-C97-4-AD3-4-F41-9-D0-E-FD8-C16681

5-EDCB277-34-F0-48-C2-A482-39-AD90-FFEA3

Then it carried on this morning...

5000-BC5-B-E110-4-D5-C-943-B-CF67-BB6487

23-EB58-BE-1190-4857-AF68-9-DC163-E731-B

C5446-B60-4-BFC-4971-A030-69892-B97-D83-

6-C9627-AD-5034-469-C-97-D6-AF7-F8-CB36-

Christ. Half of this mustā€™ve been going off while Bisping was commentating last night as well. I know heā€™s out ā€˜last oneā€™ there but theyā€™ll probably be bickering more over the next day or so. Bispingā€™s next podcast should be fun.Ā 

Bisping can dismiss it all he likes, but that big KO loss to Hendo will live with him forever. Any mention of it, and he loses his shit. Still bitter as fuck over it. That and the headkick from Vitor.

You just know Hendo was watching the fights and saying to his mates "watch this, I'll have Bisping raging in no time."

4 minutes ago, David said:

Bisping can dismiss it all he likes, but that big KO loss to Hendo will live with him forever. Any mention of it, and he loses his shit. Still bitter as fuck over it. That and the headkick from Vitor.

That's not fair on Bisping. Bisping referenced that knock out on one of the cards the past few weeks. I forgot what fight it was but he said "that knock out was shades of Dan Henderson from UFC 100."

He can clearly laugh at it back now considering he went on to win the title and avenge that loss. I'd say it's more Dan Henderson's two-facedness that has pissed Bisping off. It's nothing to do with what happened at UFC 100.