Michael Bisping Appreciation Thread

Egg Shen

• 6 months later...
  • Paid Members

What...the fuck?! 

So this lunatic won the title, knocked out Luke Rockhold and fought the likes of Anderson Silva and Georges St Motherfucking Pierre with a rubber eye you’d from the joke shop as a kid? We need more details on this.

When we get trick or treaters knock our door at Halloween my wife will usually give them sweets or something. Imagine when they knock on at the Bisping household? “Well, I’m all out of treats kids. But I do have this trick...”

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I don’t understand how it could have ever got past commissions, though.

”Just going to check your eyes, Mike.”

”No need, mate. They’re both fine. Both of them. Both my real eyes. My two real, normal, human eyes.”

”OK.”

He could’ve done a Columbo gimmick. Walked to the cage with a raincoat on, then when he’s rocked the opponent, say “Just one more thing” before sparking them out cold while Rogan creams himself. 

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Supremo said:

I don’t understand how it could have ever got past commissions, though.

Really shocking that the commissions clearly don't do anything and just take the word of the fighters. Just a casual "Anything wrong mate?"

• Paid Members

@wandshogun09 avatar is incredible.

Bisping said on Rogan's podcast that he uses a cover for his eye because it looks weird without it. IIRC, Bisping said you need 20-200 vision to fight (which Bisping claimed is clinically blind, anyway), which Bisping struggled to make because he admitted his bad eye is essentially just a blur.

This is a man that was pondering whether to fight on when his one good eye started to go on him around the GSP/Gastelum fights.

• Paid Members

That’s the thing. It highlights what a fucking tough/silly bastard Bisping is. Who knows how long he was a fighting cyclops? And he would’ve carried on longer if his other eye didn’t start playing up. Insane. On the other hand, like others have said, it’s bloody ridiculous that he was ever allowed to go in there one-eyed. I’m sure it wasn’t his intention when he did his party trick on the podcast but old Popeye Mike surely just opened up a can of worms with this when it comes to the commissions. How the fuck can you either a) miss that he has a fucking rubber ball for an eye or worse, b) know and let him fight anyway. Madness. Those commissions are “weak as piss.”

Bisping talking about this on Rogan’s podcast a few months ago is even more interesting now in retrospect; 

Edited by wandshogun09

I think Bisping could have created a PR nightmare for the UFC. The UFC were aware that Belfort was abusing TRT prior to his fight with Jones. A blood test before the fight revealed that Belfort had higher than allowable levels of testosterone in his system. Yet, they still allowed the fight to go ahead as planned (much to Jones's dismay when he found out later). The promotion subsequently booked Belfort to fight Bisping in Brazil, where the lax regulations probably allowed Belfort to abuse TRT even more. It was in that fight where Belfort injured Bisping's eye. 

I can't say I always liked Bisping on a personal level. But, as of 2019, he's one of the greatest heroes in MMA history. He fought clean at a time where almost every notable fighter in his weightclass was, in one way or another, probably taking advantage of lax drug testing. Yet, when more rigorous testing was introduced and the quality of the division simultaneously improved, he somehow put a run together and won the title.......................with one eye. During that run, he exposed certain weaknesses in Rockhold and Anderson's games that others had failed to capitalise on. 

It would all make for a cracking documentary if anyone wishes to make it. 

• Paid Members

As if I couldn’t respect Michael Bisping more. After winning the Title, he had the opportunity during that post-fight press conference to pop that eye out and troll Luke Rockhold even more by letting him know he’d just lost to a one-eyed man. How he resisted that temptation, I’ll never know.