Michael Bisping Appreciation Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah, I didnā€™t know what to think when that video first came out of him popping his eye out. I got swept up in the ā€˜he won the title with one eye!!!ā€™ thing. But thinking logically, thereā€™s no way youā€™re sneaking that past even the most lax of athletic commissions. The old ā€˜follow my finger with your eyesā€™ thing is the most basic of things aĀ doctor does after any fight. Theyā€™d have to be blind themselves to not notice that one of his eyes is staying completely still. HeĀ obviously made do with the fucked up eyeball for as long as he could and by the time he retired it was too far gone to save the eye so he had to have the prosthetic in. Still mad though. And from the sounds of the way heā€™s described it,Ā for all the sight he had in that eye he might as well have been wearing a fake one.Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

If anything, this situation should highlight to fans that an eye poke during a fight is nothing to take lightly, especially the fucking idiots who boo and throw shit at a fighter when a fight has to stop because of it.

Fuck sake, David. DC lost the belt. Get over it, mate!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

That reminds me. Does anyone remember years ago when Rampage implied that Bisping used drugs?Ā Rampage was apparentlyĀ not implying thatĀ Bisping used PEDs. Instead, he was implying thatĀ Bisping usedĀ recreational drugs when he was a DJ.Ā 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Ah, of course he did. Sure I know of a few Irish fighters, and one lad in particular who's a DJ and techno head, who I've seen at many a gig and his jaw and bottom teeth have been combing his eyebrows, hugging and kissing the foreheads of anyone within 2 meters of him.
But - and I stress, in my opinion - there's no way someone with Bispings outrageous personality, DJ background and who's admittedly been deep into the scene didn't see a thing or two, or partake in a Gary or two every now and then. Purely conjecture on my part, and I could be wrong. But I'm not.

Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Ah, of course he did. Sure I know of a few Irish fighters, and one lad in particular who's a DJ and techno head, who I've seen at many a gig and his jaw and bottom teeth have been combing his eyebrows, hugging and kissing the foreheads of anyone within 2 meters of him.
But - and I stress, in my opinion - there's no way someone with Bispings outrageous personality, DJ background and who's admittedly been deep into the scene didn't see a thing or two, or partake in a Gary or two every now and then. Purely conjecture on my part, and I could be wrong. But I'm not.

Iā€™d be surprised if he didnā€™t have a dabble at some point. And yeah he definitely saw some stuff. He told a mad story on his podcast a while back about his days DJing atĀ dodgy ravesĀ aroundĀ Manchester where all sorts of shifty characters would be in the club.

EDIT - or better yet listen to it. Skip to around 5 minutes for the story because the hosts unfunny interruptions get old quick.Ā 

Ā 

ā€So the club where I DJed was called Monroes and it was basically like Gangsterā€™s Paradise.

When all the other regular nightclubs shut, all the doormen from everywhere all went to this club.

Basically it was drug dealers, doormen, everything but it had the sickest music. People came from all over the country to hear the DJs. It was one of the original underground rave clubs but it was dodgy as fuck.

The shit that Iā€™ve seen go down in there, the violence, you wouldnā€™t believeā€¦ people getting their arms cut off with samurai swords and all kinds of shit. I swear to God somebody got their ear bit off.

I used to do two sets from 2-3 in the morning and then Iā€™d have a break and do it again from 6-7 or some shit. What Iā€™d do in those hours in between is hang out and talk to people.

But when I went back to do my second set, my records had been fucking stolen because there were a lot of scumbags in there from Manchester ā€“ a lot of gang people.

I was fucking flipping out because at that moment in time that was like my pride and joy. That was all I had.

Back then I wasnā€™t known because Monroes was full of such crazy motherfuckers, I was just some guy from a small town. Nobody really knew me because I was just the fucking DJ but I knew that I could fuck everyone up in the club.

So they stole my fucking records and I thought ā€˜Youā€™ve fucked up here, motherfuckers!ā€™

So I went outside to the car park because I knew they were in the trunk of somebodyā€™s car and I went up to every car.

I said ā€˜Open your trunk now!ā€™ so they opened the trunk. Not there. So I went to the next car, because everybody used to go outside and smoke weed.

I go up to the next car ā€“ ā€˜Open the fucking trunk!ā€™ Not there. This went on for some time.

I get to one car and thereā€™s two guys sat there. I said ā€˜Yo, open your fucking trunk now!ā€™ and they said ā€˜Nah we canā€™t do that.ā€™

I said ā€˜Open the fucking trunk!ā€™. He said ā€˜Dude, Iā€™m not opening the trunk.ā€™

I said ā€˜Well now youā€™ve really got to open that fucking trunk because I think youā€™ve got what I fucking want in there.

He said ā€˜Dude, Iā€™m not opening the trunk.ā€™ I said ā€˜Open the fucking trunk!ā€™

He said ā€˜OK, Iā€™m going to open the trunk but when you see whatā€™s in there you just walk away and shut the fuck up.ā€™

I said ā€˜Whatever!ā€™ and we go to the back. He opens it up.

And thereā€™s a fucking dude laying in there tied up by his ankles with a gag and heā€™s moaning ā€˜Help me! Help me!ā€™

I go ā€˜OK, you havenā€™t got my records. See you buddy.ā€™

He lights his joint and just gets back in the car. Thatā€™s the type of place it was.ā€

Edited by wandshogun09

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Iā€™m sorry to keep posting in here but this tickled me more than it probably should have;

Honestly, I thought when Bisping retiredĀ that Iā€™d miss him but heā€™s just as big a part of my enjoyment following MMA now as he was when he was fighting,Ā if not more.Ā