Predict a future star.

Snitsky's back acne

Essentially, as the topic suggests, select a wrestler [or two or three] that you think will be a big star and your reasons why.

Now, this can be someone in NXT who you think, handled correctly, could be a big star in WWE or someone on the indies you think will be a big star in WWE or New Japan in several years time.
Also, this might be a way for others on here to check out some wrestlers they may not be familiar with to see if they agree/disagree.

Obviously, some may look like dead certs but that doesn't mean they will be for a variety of reasons [see: Pete Kaasa for instance]

So, predict away.

I'll start with MJF.
I think this guy just has 'it'. He oozes charisma and the only way I got to know about him is through the videos he posts online so he is clearly adept at self promotion. In the past I would have said he was too small but that doesn't seem to matter as much these days. Maybe an Impact/ROOH signing before WWE but I reckon he'd get a shot if Regal etc saw him down the line.

Heidi Katrina. A great look [she is tall in comparison to most of her contemporaries] and currently honing her craft in Japan she has also worked Mexico and other countries too. I reckon Vince/HHH would love her but, worst case, she should do even better over in Japan and the US indies.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It'll take drake more than two years to learn to be good enough to be a star and he's already 35. 

I still stand by Big E being money when new day is done. I think he's got good charisma and presence. He's athletic, good size, good look. I'd love to see him pushed as a single

1 hour ago, Duke said:

It'll take drake more than two years to learn to be good enough to be a star and he's already 35. 

I still stand by Big E being money when new day is done. I think he's got good charisma and presence. He's athletic, good size, good look. I'd love to see him pushed as a single

Is he really 35 that shocked me and yes I agree big e stands out as the star of that act 

• Awards Moderator

Velveteen Dream could and should be the absolute world but I'd rather he stayed on NXT banging his head against a brick wall whilst being appreciated, than getting called up to the main to be in a Breezango-like slot within 18 months. He's got the lot and they'll fuck it right up.

Despite the strong upper-level women's division, I'm going to say Ember Moon.

When Big E turned up the fire/realism in his promo opposite The Uso’s the other week I did think ‘ooh, maybe there is something there’. Obviously they tried once before with him but he was pretty clearly as green as goose shit, as they say. I think the few years working as part of a team and working his personality in his act has probably given him another chance.

In terms of active roster members who haven’t held a big boy title, he’s got a better chance than most.

Absolutely agree on Big E. Have thought as much for a while. When they finally decide to call New Day a day, they'll surely have a go on a big push with him. Reckon he's got massive potential as a top guy. Truck loads of charisma, versatile performer, can go, big as a fucking house and comes across as a genuinely super nice, top bloke who'd be a great ambassador for the company in the same vein as Cena has been.

If I had any faith in their booking I'd say Aleister Black as he has a look and aura that you can't teach. But they'd have him doing 20 minute promos straight away.

Velveteen Dream as already said looks liks an absolute superstar right out of the gate.

• Paid Members

In WWE currently, they basically need to build the future of the company around Braun Strowman, Rusev and Big E. Three incredible versatile performers with unlimited potential.

As for outside WWE, I think Matt Riddle is a superstar waiting to happen. Incredible pure talent and charisma, great look, very likeable and a genuine tough guy. Iron out the indy-ness of him in NXT and the skies the limit.

• Paid Members

An indy star that has the skills, look and charisma to be a big star when (not if) the Universe takes them on... hmmm.....

WOOOAAAH, MATT FUCKING RIDDLE.....

• Paid Members

The two that jump out from the Indies for me are Keith Lee and Matt Riddle. It's only a matter of time imo.

• Paid Members

Also, if they are looking for the next Rey Mysterio, they have it in Rey Fenix. The guy is an incredible wrestler and an amazing babyface. Unlike other flipping smaller guys, Rey Fenix plays an amazing babyface in peril, has ring presence and charisma. He can get the fans behind him in a big way. His brother Pentagon gets more love (he is an amazing character with an incredible look and off the charts charisma) but isn't the best of wrestlers. However I'd like to see both get a go in NXT at least.

Archived