Predict a future star.

Snitsky's back acne

Based solely off his improvement in the last 2 months, Mustafa Ali should see a lot more love and acclaim.

He's made absolute leaps in his storytelling, his promo's and his in ring work. It's just whether 205 will ever get more than a perfunctory platform, that's his issue.

I'm also really interested in what WWE do with Zack Gibson. He's probably the best all round talent in the UK and stands out on every show he's on, but again how serious are they?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Jacko said:

Daniel Bryan :p

no but in all seriousness think that if they look at Eli Drake in tna /gfw get him in nxt for 2 years to become a good worker and you have the makings of a star because the lad can talk 

They had Drake and let him go. 

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

They had Drake and let him go. 

And? They had EC3 and let him go too. They'll take people back if they see upside.

EC 3 was at least passable in ring when he left though. If they had Drake for better part of 3 years and he didn't make TV, giving him another 2 years in the PC/NXT isn't going to help any.

EC3 has proven himself more, he's had some good fueds, but Drake is, as far as I can see, the same guy with a good look who can't work that he was when he joined TNA.

• Paid Members
On 24 March 2018 at 6:45 AM, air_raid said:

An indy star that has the skills, look and charisma to be a big star when (not if) the Universe takes them on... hmmm.....

WOOOAAAH, MATT FUCKING RIDDLE.....

I'm really glad Riddle is doing well. I always had time for him when he was in the UFC years ago. There was always a goofy likability and charisma to him and I usually looked forward to his interviews more than his fights. 

Here he is stealing a UFC press conference with an outburst against us "butter toothed Brits"...

Air Raid can you, or anyone really, point me in the direction of any of his pro wrestling stuff I should check out?

Johnny Gargano when he retires will be the closest in comparison to Shawn Michaels. He is a future star. The issue is the guys on NXT that shine normally fade when they get called up. Hopefully itll be different for him. He can sell, is athletic, connects with the crowd, you genuinely want him to win.

• Paid Members

@wandshogun09

I was a little late to the party on Riddle so my first exposure to him was answering the open challenge of Rampage Brown at Progress in Birmingham in January 17, my strongest recommendations from what I've seen would be matches he's had there against Rampage, Travis Banks, Tyler Bate or pretty much anyone, matches with Walter in Progress and in WXW, and I saw him have belters for Rev Pro against Katsuyori Shibata at York Hall and Tomohiro Ishii in Walthamstow.

Dunno whether WWE would have a serious look at her at this moment in time as I'm not sure what she has microphone-wise but Millie McKenzie has taken the Britwres scene by storm starting some time last summer at only 17. Having some cracking matches, great selling, facials, suplexes and likeability. Can only imagine how good she might be in her mid 20's

As for Riddle, my fav match of his was against Jeff Cobb at Super Strong Style 16. The WALTER matches are not far behind, plus the triple threat including Tim Thatcher at Alexandra Palace. I guess the thing with him is obviously the weed. He's just not interested in knocking that on the head for UFC or New Japan, and presumably not WWE either. Commendable in a way. I suppose they may be willing to give him a shot depending on whether more states legalize the stuff.

• Paid Members

Outside of WWE, I think Keith Lee is the most likely to become a mega-star there - all the tools, and seems to have a great mind for the business. As for people already in WWE, I have to echo what everyone else has said about Velveteen Dream.

Matt Riddle I see more as the next in the Kenny Omega/Young Bucks line, of being notable as a guy to really make a name for himself and make a decent living without having to go to WWE. He's already there, really, just hasn't caught on quite as much name value-wise. I think the direction the industry is taking, increasingly, is towards WWE not being the only game in town, and the bigger name indie guys having a lot more control over their own careers, and Riddle will be at the forefront of that for as long as he's happy to put smoking weed and having agency over his bookings over any desire to go to WWE.

I don't know if Riddle grew up a WWE fan or not - but that's something that I think we'll see change more and more; wrestlers who have grown up watching the indies more than they watched WWE, or who were inspired to get into the business by what they saw on the indies rather than what they saw in WWE. I've spoken to wrestlers who grew up in or near Philadelphia - much like Riddle, in fact - who, in the early 2000s, had a different indie promotion on TV every week, and that was their entry into wrestling, so they don't have that "living out a childhood dream" motivation to make it to WWE, and are less likely to sign a contract there that might see them earning less money than they could elsewhere, in order to fulfil childhood fantasies.

Millie's an interesting shout - I'm not as high on her as some are, though I can see the appeal. She's still a little rough around the edges (unsurprisingly, as she's an actual child), and some of her German Suplexes (particularly at King of Trios) have made me wince, and not in a good way, which is a problem when that's such a core part of her gimmick, and her matches tend to be a bit too indie-tastic, though that's a product of where she's working as much as anything else. She definitely has something, though, and I see her much the same as I did Tyler Bate a couple of years ago - "if she's this good now, imagine how good she could get".

Omari's the other UK talent I could see making it somewhere - good all-rounder, decent size, connects with the audience, still young enough to have a ton of scope for improvement, and has been given a couple of opportunities in CHIKARA lately. He just needs to get decent gear - he looks too much like he forgot his PE kit. A decent set of long tights and he'd look the part.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Does Cody qualify for this thread as a future star? I been loving his work since leaving WWE.

Much as I consider him improved, if he went back, he'd be where Ziggler is, maximum. Outside the Universe, he's not going to become much bigger a star than he is right now.

2 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Much as I consider him improved, if he went back, he'd be where Ziggler is, maximum. Outside the Universe, he's not going to become much bigger a star than he is right now.

Yeah you are very right and that he will end up in endless 50/50 feuds. We can cross him off the list from this post then and just enjoy his work away from the WWE.

I dunno, I think with a strong NXT run or just a decent bit of hype, he could maybe be at a Samoa Joe sort of level. People won't be as damn bored to see him as they are Dolphin which is the main problem with him.

Archived