Peter Kay Cancels Tour

Armitage Shanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bob Mills was a fucking savage if I recall.  Brutal to some of those kids.  Cracking show Games World - seem to recall you could 'phone in' and play?  Did I imagine that?  Sure I remember wondering how someone was doing HADOUKEN'S from an analogue phone.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Dave Perry's Gamesmaster Screwjob is always amusing. Apparently doesnt even play games anymore. He did a podcast, and seemed quite humbled by Dustin Diamonds abuse near the end of the show.

No idea what you’re referring to but this sounds stupidly intriguing. Do you have a link at all Ian?

21 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I had to go to London for an audition and play some games against a guy called Metro (I think he was some sort of Nintendo champion or something).

Indeed he was.  I met him a couple of times when Ninty did instores at the HMV I worked at and he seemed nice enough.  Bob Mills is an awful cunt, a mate of mine wrote a biography on legendary footballer Stan Bowles called Stan The Man.  He then thought about adapting it into a TV show and had a few meetings with Bob Mills who, after they tweaked the format and characters, said it couldn't go anywhere.

Few years later, a Bob Mills penned TV show called Stan The Man aired with a very similar but toned down feel to my mates pitch.  Cunt.

Archived