Peter Kay Cancels Tour

Armitage Shanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Skinner was actually one of the best Room 101 guests before he took over as well. His bit on Shakespeare was superb.

I've never been able to track it down (I think I have it on an old VHS tape recorded off telly somewhere), but Mark Lamaar was always my favourite guest of the Hancock era, I remember him getting almost every choice in.  I miss Mark Lamaar, i might just have been late to his stand up career, but saw two live shows of his which to this day are amongst my favourites, Uncensored and Live and the latter which was I think absorbed into the 'Leaving the 20th Century' series in the late 90's.

Anyway, as you were...

Office talk this morning is that Kay needs a bone marrow transplant or something?  I've not seen that anywhere online although been busy over the weekend, but stated quite categorically round the biscuit table earlier.

• Paid Members

Baddiel and Skinner were like an 80s tag team. Skinner was so much funnier than him it was quite painful some nights. Especially on unplanned, when you had Skinner who was so quick on his feet and Baddiel who ... wasnt.

"eh, Frank, that person looks like me on my wedding photo."

There was one occassion someone from the audience asked that very question about how Frank carries him through, and Skinner didnt even try to banter with him. He just said.

"I dont think we should answer that, because its such a twatty question."

Thought it was a great response to such a snide wanker.

• Paid Members

Funny thing is, when I first started watching Fantasy Football League I didn't have a clue who Frank Skinner was and was drawn to the show because Baddiel was in it. I liked Newman and Baddiel in my early teens, especially the History Today sketches. Didn't take long to realise who the real talent was in Fantasy Football League though.

It was clearly Jason Lee.

Anyone else get mixed up and think a young Peter Kay played Big Boy Barry from Games World. My family thought that for a good ten years.

barryint1.jpg

He's his double. Anyone remember Games World? I can only half remember. I think I had an episode on tape with a recording of Summerslam 93. Good times

• Paid Members

Was Gamesworld the one that had David Williams running round stark bollock naked and, more importantly, Jet off Galdiators dressed as a dominatrix, or have I been having those dreams again?

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Skinner was actually one of the best Room 101 guests before he took over as well. His bit on Shakespeare was superb.

One of the few things I still have my VHS copy taped from TV. 

"They should've had one on a string." 

2 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Was Gamesworld the one that had David Williams running round stark bollock naked and, more importantly, Jet off Galdiators dressed as a dominatrix, or have I been having those dreams again?

Aye, that's the one. Big Boy Barry organises retro game expos these days. Saw him doing a talk last year, he's a very engaging chap indeed. Definitely not Peter Kay though. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, LEGIT said:

Anyone else get mixed up and think a young Peter Kay played Big Boy Barry from Games World. My family thought that for a good ten years.

barryint1.jpg

He's his double. Anyone remember Games World? I can only half remember. I think I had an episode on tape with a recording of Summerslam 93. Good times

Kayworthy

Archived