Peter Kay Cancels Tour

Armitage Shanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

No idea what you’re referring to but this sounds stupidly intriguing. Do you have a link at all Ian?

Eurogamer wrote this up 364 days ago:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2016-12-20-lets-remember-gamesmasters-most-infamous-incident-broadcast-20-years-ago

2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

As was the original Paul Sykes documentary (which is where my avatar comes from). Such a strange and interesting character.

That is a classic documentary and the guy in your avatar has probably the greatest desk ever created.

A search of Paul Sykes and boxrec is well worth a look. Theres been a number of threads on him over the years as he was a handy boxer. That forum also brings out the old timers with crazy stories.

He was a horrible prison rapist preying on the young lads by all accounts. Both his sons he beats the fuck out off are now lifers in prison for murder. He spent his last years as a homeless drunk in Wakefield where he was set on fire by some youths for a laugh at one point. Karma came calling on him for being such an evil twat when young.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, scratchdj said:

"What do you think you're doing, walking to the chippy or something?!" Go back and do that again, and this time make look like you actually want to be here!"

Cracking story. Like others I’d heard he was a nob but didn’t know of any specifics. He sounds like a right arrogant prick.

Regarding Sykes, I posted a while ago that he’s probably stated one of my favourite ever quotes:

“Remember what the conservative party announced.. spending 216 billion pounds on widening the motorways, to deal with the increase in traffic in the year 2025... petrol runs out in 2019, who they kidding?.. they're building them for skateboards".

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Butch,

I have always wanted to ask this about your avatar - why Dennis Flint; especially considering what he was fond out for?  The meeting with him in the Paul Sykes documentary with that fucking desk is truly a thing of beauty.

Mainly because of his desk and general look. Like something off Jason King. I dread to ask but what was Dennis Flint found out for?

Archived