Peter Kay Cancels Tour

Armitage Shanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, Armitage Shanks said:

It must be something serious, he's probably missing out on millions of pounds. 

He won't suffer financially from this. One of the reasons he was getting stick for putting tickets on sale so far in advance is it's a shit load of money sat earning interest before any of it has to pay the wages of people involved in the shows.
By the time refunds are paid out, he'll have made a pretty penny from it.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Armitage Shanks said:

It must be something serious, he's probably missing out on millions of pounds. I'm guessing he's either ill himself or one of his family are ill. I'm sure we'll find out at some point. 

40 million apparently.

• Paid Members

Terrific comedy actor. That Peter Kay Thing, Phoenix Nights and Car Share prove this- same goes for many cameo/small roles he's played over the years.

I can take or leave his stand-up (it is very limited- nostalgia and all that) but I really can't stand the variety show-style stuff he does. Is This The Way To Amarillo, 500 Miles and fucking Geraldine McQueen can all get to fuck.

• Paid Members

Echo what people have said, his comedy acting is great. His stand up isn't my cup of tea but his first 'Top Of The Tower' show was a masterclass. I've heard loads of acts refer to it as one of the best examples of performance/pacing/structure & just straight up killing for an hour. Chris Rock's 'Bigger & Blacker' is another one oft mentioned/revered

7 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

Echo what people have said, his comedy acting is great. His stand up isn't my cup of tea but his first 'Top Of The Tower' show was a masterclass. I've heard loads of acts refer to it as one of the best examples of performance/pacing/structure & just straight up killing for an hour. Chris Rock's 'Bigger & Blacker' is another one oft mentioned/revered

That is because that is the greatest stand up show ever.

Echo the love for his acting work, Phoenix Nights is frequently genius, and to be honest I saw him live a few years back. It was alright. I mean, I laughed, so it must've done something right. Misheard lyrics? LOLZZZZZ

Archived