That Star Trek thread somebody was talking about

Jazzy G

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Thought this was pretty cool, I half want to get a bunch of the figures and try recreating it.

They used to just buy model kits and chuck them together for the starship graveyards and stuff as well. 

@Devon Malcolmpresumably the Dixon Hill novels were a guilty pleasure when he wasn't making his way through the complete works of Shakespeare. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Picard read trash while Benny wrote sci-fi classics, more proof that Sisko is the best captain.

I'd happily debate anyone that Sisko is the best Star Trek captain by far. There was a very small rumour that they were trying to get Avery Brooks back to do ST: Sisko, but never saw anything about it again :(

14 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Been watching a few TNGs recently and it strikes me that Picard wouldn't be caught dead reading private dick nonsense like Dixon Hill.

Indeed. He’d be more of a Sherlock Holmes man and perhaps the producers could’ve done a few Holmes episodes in the holodeck instead. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Indeed. He’d be more of a Sherlock Holmes man and perhaps the producers could’ve done a few Holmes episodes in the holodeck instead. 

Top 30 Eye Roll Star Trek GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

DS9 was already my favourite Trek show when I had the opportunity to be a guest assistant for Avery Brooks at a convention years ago. I think he's still up there with the most fascinating people I've ever met. Even now I'm not quite sure I understand half the things he came out with that day but he's just absolutely mesmerising. 

Sisko did my swede in, saying every line like he was Othello, out Shatnered Shatner. I used to wind up my mate by saying Voyager was better than DS9, he didn’t like that. I used to go drinking with him back when I was on the sauce, when I was getting dark he’d ask me if I wanted another with “More kanar for Damar?” 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 7/3/2021 at 5:21 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Sisko did my swede in, saying every line like he was Othello, out Shatnered Shatner. I used to wind up my mate by saying Voyager was better than DS9, he didn’t like that. I used to go drinking with him back when I was on the sauce, when I was getting dark he’d ask me if I wanted another with “More kanar for Damar?” 

I loved Sisko when I was a kid, but re-watching a few years ago he stood out as being pretty shit. Got better when he grew a beard though, as goes Star Trek law. 

• 1 month later...